PDA

View Full Version : perceived noise demo

Bertie Thruster
7th May 2008, 07:34
Rather unfortunate coincidence this morning, in this age of trying to "fly neighbourly"

Several million viewers of BBC morning news program would have seen how one helicopter passing nearby could apparently drown out someone (Carol the weather lady, in the BBC garden) talking at a conversational level.

even the presenters commented on it. :uhoh:

Ascend Charlie
7th May 2008, 09:18
So, why is this incident special, compared to the number of out-takes due to trucks with exhaust brakes operating, face-to-camera pieces scrapped on a railway station because of incessant public announcements, lawnmower noise and any other types of annoyance???

Because people can COMPLAIN about aircraft noise, and some huggy-fluffy will investigate it.:{:(

7th May 2008, 13:20
And only yesterday, the same lady had her broadcast interrupted by the bin-men (sorry, waste technicians) rumbling and rattling past - should we stop rubbish collection in the Capital?:)

helimutt
7th May 2008, 18:55
I thought they already had stopped rubbish collection, by the looks of things last time I was down that way! :E

KNIEVEL77
7th May 2008, 19:07
Being a Television Sound Recordist helicopters are the least of my worries, its the kids, dogs, sirens, drills, music, road traffic, and inquisitive punters etc that cause far more problems than helicopters..........no matter what the extraneous sound you either have to stop and do the take again or if its live, just carry on!