PDA

View Full Version : Corporate UK Captain without thousands and thousand of hours

helimutt
6th May 2008, 07:51
Just to congratulate one of the regular Rotorheads contributors on his promotion to Captain in a well known south eastern based company.
It just goes to show that with ability, determination and the right connections/time and place/attitude etc, it can be done.
All the wannabe's out there take note.

:ok:

Flingingwings
6th May 2008, 15:33
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh mate,

The rumours aren't true, you DO have a sensitive side :eek:

Guess now the 'hard' work starts :uhoh:

FW

KNIEVEL77
6th May 2008, 16:34
I AM taking note.........can you divulge any more information?

helimutt
6th May 2008, 16:37
K77, ask Flingingwings. He is the man in the know right now. :E

and no, this doesn't mean I have a sensitive side. Just some people deserve the good things to happen to them. :ok:

ps where's that phone number you promised?

KNIEVEL77
6th May 2008, 16:42
Mike, phone number from me or Flingingwings???

And yes, well done Flingwings!

ShyTorque
6th May 2008, 16:43
Aha! my guess was correct. I guess they let anyone in these days...... :ooh:

No more Mr. Niceguy now. Race you to Battersea :E .

Seriously, though - well done Flingingwings. :ok:

helimutt
6th May 2008, 18:13
K77, from Flingingwings! LOL. He's so busy studying ops manuals now he forgets us little people!

Glad I don't have to fly into that flea pit called Battersea!

Flingingwings
6th May 2008, 20:34
ShyT, you're on. :cool:
Yup, these days they'll let anybody in, although as one of those responsible for setting me along my current path............ I guess you have to accept some of the blame :E

Albeit I owe you and the rest of your ex colleagues a huge debt for helping to open doors that I'd never thought possible. Of course not forgetting my current bunch of 'experienced' guiders that have displayed immense patience and humour over the past 18 months. Before displaying 'madness' in letting me loose :uhoh:

HM, Check your PM's

As I recall the Ops manual studying is to help another. Not likely to forget my 'roots' in a hurry :ok:

And that 'flea pit' keeps me in biccies and verbal abuse :p

FW

Whirlygig
6th May 2008, 20:37
Congratulations Flingingwings! Well done!

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
6th May 2008, 22:10
ShyT, you're on.
Yup, these days they'll let anybody in, although as one of those responsible for setting me along my current path............ I guess you have to accept some of the blame

Tsk.....:rolleyes:
OK, some of the blame accepted. :O
See you down there, the biccies are on you. ;)