PDA

View Full Version : pilot goes down

bellsux
6th May 2008, 02:16
copied from the NYpost

By PHILIP MESSING

May 5, 2008 -- An NYPD helicopter pilot, lauded for his high-flying heroics in an air-sea rescue and post-9/11 anti-terror sweeps, has been fired for testing positive for cocaine, The Post has learned.

Jon Goldin, 40, who spent more than 15 years with the NYPD, was fired April 7 by Police Commissioner Ray Kelly after a departmental trial commissioner rejected claims by the pilot's ex-girlfriend that Goldin flunked the test because of intimate contact with her, sources said.

In December 2006, The Post reported that Goldin, who routinely patrolled sensitive locations from the skies after 9/11, was suspended when a hair-sample drug test came back positive.

A month earlier, he had been the co-pilot aboard an NYPD chopper whose crew performed a dramatic air-sea rescue over Jamaica Bay, pulling five people to safety.

Goldin said he broke up with his ex when she finally admitted her secret drug use. She later took the stand as a defense witness, asserting that their private life had unwittingly contaminated his hair.

"Her story was that she had used cocaine outside of his presence the night before in a bar and that she believed he failed the test by his performing oral sex on her," a source said.

But NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Trials Martin Karopkin rejected her argument. ."

An indignant Goldin Golding vowed to "fight to clear his name and get the back pay and pension I deserve."

SASless
6th May 2008, 02:27
Bummer Dude! At least he is a real helicopter pilot!:(

griffothefog
6th May 2008, 03:15
Knew it was a filthy habit.... unlucky with the sample though :E

Gordy
6th May 2008, 03:29
Here is the direct link:

NY post (http://www.nypost.com/seven/05052008/news/regionalnews/nypd_axes_coke_pilot_109444.htm)

Kind of remoinds me of "Pierre the french helicopter pilot".

Pierre..The French helicopter Pilot

Pierre, a brave French helicopter pilot, takes his girlfriend, Marie, out for a pleasant little picnic by the River Seine. It's a beautiful day and love is in the air. Marie leans over to Pierre and says:

"Pierre, kiss me."

Our hero grabs a bottle of Merlot and splashes it on Marie's lips. "What are you doing, Pierre?" says the startled Marie.

"I am Pierre the helicopter pilot. When I have red meat, I like to have red wine!"

She smiles and they start kissing. When things began to heat up a little, Marie says, "Pierre, kiss me lower."

Our hero tears her blouse open, grabs a bottle of Chardonnay and starts pouring it all over her chest.

"Pierre, what are you doing?" asks the bewildered Marie.

"I am Pierre the helicopter pilot, and when I have white meat, I like to have white wine."

They resume their passionate interlude and things really steam up. Marie leans close to his ear and whispers,

"Pierre, kiss me lower."

Our hero rips off her underwear, grabs a bottle of Cognac and pours it in her lap. He strikes a match and lights the Cognac on fire. Marie shrieks and dives into the river. Standing waist deep, Marie throws her arms upwards and screams furiously,
"PIERRE, WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU DOING?!"

Our hero stands up, defiantly, and says,

"I am Pierre the helicopter pilot, and when I go down, I go down in flames!"

puntosaurus
6th May 2008, 06:24
Excellent ! The cocaine flange defence - should go down in the anals of legal history. One toot on the pink oboe, and you're done for. Does our esteemed colleague the Flying Lawyer have any experience of this technique I ask myself ?

Delta Torque
6th May 2008, 06:58
Oh dear puntosaurus, not the anals of legal history :eek: Ouch!..Anything but that!

Agaricus bisporus
6th May 2008, 08:21
I am impressed that Maurice ze famouse French Aviateur survived the First World War to fly helicopters and continued to use the Cognac stunt, presumably well into his dotage.

They made 'em tough, back then!

bell222
6th May 2008, 08:23
hair hair :ok:

VfrpilotPB/2
6th May 2008, 09:15
Must have had bad briefs on that day;)

Peter R-B

DennisK
6th May 2008, 19:45
While in Pussy Galore mode ... Jimmy and Julie, two ten year olds playing in the garden.

"I'm bored just running around" says Jimmy, "Let's pretend we are a flying a helicopter."

Jimmy locates a suitable plank of wood that serves as the airframe. He sits astride and whirls his arms above his head.

"Get on behind me Julie." He says as the two move around the garden.

In a very few minutes they get bored again.

"I know." says Jimmy. "If we climb up on the fence, we can pretend we are hoverering."

Sadly Julie slips off the fence and falls to the ground.

"Jimmy" she calls out, "I've hurt my pussy ... please come down and kiss it better."

"Don't be silly Julie," Jiimy chirps, "This is not a real helicopter and I'm not a real helicopter pilot!"