PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Exams in Florida are they no longer!!!!!

cjuk28
5th May 2008, 18:09
A rumour is flying about that after the June ATPL exams in Florida.That they are no longer and candidates will have to go to gatwick to sit them.

Can anyone either validate or quash this rumour before it gets out of control
in middle of course and dont know what to think

smith
6th May 2008, 05:11
Gatwick is not the only testing centre in the UK, you have Oxford, Silsoe and Glasgow as well (I think).

wilky
6th May 2008, 06:48
Glasgow are no longer doing the ATPL. I planned on using them as i'm in Edinburgh. Bristol GS have come very highy recommended to me. Thats who i'll be using.:ok:

FL370 Officeboy
6th May 2008, 07:32
Amazing how you can go from a question regarding whether a given location is holding exams......to a plug for a particular training school in no time at all!

nickyjsmith
6th May 2008, 13:05
According to lasors Glasgow dates are on this year and the CAA have just released an updated map for the centre.

Pity about Florida if its correct though.

paul winner
6th May 2008, 16:42
I am the Chief Ground Instructor at NAPLES AIR CENTER, FL and you have my assurance that the future of JAA Exams being taken in FL is secure both for now and the future.

Both NAPLES AIR CENTER and BRISTOWS ACADEMY use the FL exam center on a monthly basis and will continue to do so.

MartinCh
7th May 2008, 18:25
does it mean that FL exam centre can be booked for JAA ATPL exam even if a person isn't on one of the JAA approved FTOs' course?

I know of Paco's arrangements with Bristow Academy, but I didn't think it's actually third party 'setting'.
Cheers

chrisbl
7th May 2008, 20:51
They dont do exams at silsoe any more, it is Shuttlewoth College.:ugh:

BigGrecian
8th May 2008, 02:50
Shame they didn't stop them in Florida.

Whilst there, I saw the invigilators leave the room, and multiple students from the school mentioned above open relevant text books during the exam! :mad:

LH2
8th May 2008, 14:41
Whilst there [....]

...so??? Admit it, you're just sore because you didn't have your books with you :}

Yes, I know where the door is, thank you

leeds 65
8th May 2008, 18:03
And who cares:mad:

potkettleblack
8th May 2008, 19:10
Seems a waste of time and a risky proposition opening a book when you could have done what 99% of other people do and rote learn the answers off the Bristol database. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it BG there will be many challenges ahead for the peeps that cheat their way through. They eventually come unstuck at some point.