PDA

View Full Version : Airline Interview preparation

flyboy_nz
5th May 2008, 02:50
Hello,

I am planning to go to India and apply for a job. I am a NZCAA CPL holder with 350hrs TT. I am just about to sit my multi-IR flight test here in NZ.

I want to prepare for the interview and written exams in India. I am looking at buying some books off the internet that would help me prepare for the interview - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0964283948/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1209955305&sr=1-6.

I would like to know if anyone has used these books before. Also, what would be the best way to prepare for an interview. I am planning on visiting Capt. Bhatt in Pune to have a sim session with him to prepare for the simulator assessment. I am wanting to know about the sort of questions that get asked in the exams and the interview.

Your replies are greatly appreciated.

St. Ex
5th May 2008, 11:42
I have all those books and they are all good in one way or another, depending on the purpose. The best all around would be 'Fly The Wing' and 'Turbine Pilot'. 'Naval Aviators' is too technical for practical purposes. The ASA ATPL reviewer is very good for the ATPL exam review as well as for general reference. You will notice that most of the books here are listed in ASA's references. 'Handling The Big Jets' is kinda old fashioned. 'Checklist For Success' and the other 'interview' books are also okay.

Airline interviewers will concentrate questions on basic instrument procedures and aircraft control. They don't expect you to know about the heavy equipment you are hoping to apply for as they will be the ones to provide training for that. What they do want to see is your knowledge of the equipment you declared to have flown. From there, they will decide whether or not you are material suitable for them to mold into their future captains.