PDA

View Full Version : New London Mayor

jellycopter
4th May 2008, 20:18
Having been reading the thread about noise complaints I started to think......... now London is finally free from Red Ken, and Boris is in the chair, what, if any, effect is this going to have on helicopter operations around the capital?

Is it a good time to push for a relaxation in the restrictions placed on the use of London City Airport? What about de-restricting slots into Battersea? Will there be a new heliport to serve the 2012 Olympics and beyond?

JJ

brabazon
4th May 2008, 20:26
Why do you think Boris will be more pro-aviation? He apparently is anti developing Heathrow and even supports a Thames Estuary airport - thought it's not really his decision!

ShyTorque
4th May 2008, 20:44
Well, I've flown him and members of his family in and out of Battersea on more than one occasion so at least he can't claim he doesn't like helis.. :)

Upland Goose
4th May 2008, 21:31
ShyT

Was that the time he jumped out before we shut the rotor down and tried to re-jig his hairdo on the tail-rotor?

He was lucky it was an S76 otherwise Ken could still be in office.

He's a nice bloke, but jeez he could walk through a plate glass door any day -talk about "mind elsewhere". However, could be fun watching him peform in the coming months!

UG:ugh:

ShyTorque
4th May 2008, 23:26
UG, Yes, he decided to jump out and retrieve his own suitcase from the baggage bay... but the handlers prevented him from getting a Red Ken hairdo! :eek:

griffothefog
5th May 2008, 03:41
Boris "the Turk" drives a top of the range bicycle... Don't think there will be any changes a foot for "rip-off central" in the immediate future :{

JTobias
5th May 2008, 10:43
De-restricting slots into Battersea would be great.
I guess if we don't ask we don't get.
Though I suspect nothing will change in reality!

Bath
5th May 2008, 14:42
Well, I've flown him and members of his family in and out of Battersea on more than one occasion so at least he can't claim he doesn't like helis.. :) Who was paying, the rip off landing fees?

scooter boy
5th May 2008, 23:12
A truly memorable comment from Boris' father last week to the BBC when asked to describe the best attributes his fine son Boris had for the job of London mayor was "well, he knows his classics, his Latin and Greek"

I really can't wait for him to demonstrate the relevance of Homer and Vergil to some Saarf London hoodies in the same way he charmed the scousers recently! Perhaps we will have some Gladiatores Violentia or the odd orgy to look forward to.

Out of touch bumbling buffoon or tortured genius - I'm not betting heavily on the latter but only time will tell.

Good to know he likes his helis though, just like his old Etonian mate DC (as long as the wheels come down)

SB

ShyTorque
5th May 2008, 23:45
Who was paying, the rip off landing fees?

I cannot tell you, but he was an invited guest.

Fly_For_Fun
6th May 2008, 19:50
I thought the remark from his dad, "He hasn't had a drink for ages so he must be taking it seriously", was the best. :D

I don't live in London but for shear entertainment value he would have got my vote.