PDA

View Full Version : Fly in spain - Jerez May/June 2008

igarratt
3rd May 2008, 09:02
Going out to Jerez (fly-in-spain.com) on 19th May to 11th June 2008.

Just asking if:
a) anyone else out at same time ?

b) any tips or tricks

how to get the best, slack areas, stuff to take, odd differences in flying vs the UK. what to watch out for, anyone to avoid !, heat humidity ?

Found some accommodation at 30 euro per night (las palomas) but not totally convinced by it, is in the town center. do have the ibis at 50 euro per night as back up lol
exams all done other than Nav and Fligh planning.

Going to do a full write up on here when I get back for any future people thinking of going out as though is some posts on here nothing in depth.

Ian

P.s. it's booked so if your comment is don't go kinda bit late !

nibs2007
3rd May 2008, 22:03
Hi Ian

I have loads to tell you just pm me.

All the best.

Neil

badboy raggamuffin
4th May 2008, 08:14
They are very disorganised but on the whole Id recommend them. I did my PPL there in 2006 and had a great time, good instruction, am no top gun but was ready well within the 45hrs. Also went back in 2k07 to do some hours building. There is however one particular instructor that you should avoid like the plague, pm me for details.

Accommodation in Jerez, u should see if Hans can get you a flat, alternatively there is a campsite in el puerto de santa maria, about 1/2 hour drive away.

steve_uniacke
7th May 2009, 07:56
hey,

im lookin to head out to fly-in-spain in september to finish my PPL. (27 hours dual under my belt from 2 flight schools already and not really interested in the states. Have about 5k to play round with, and want to get the PPL and night rating outta the way)

whats the place like?

cheers,

steve