PDA

View Full Version : Airmed 2008

Oogle
3rd May 2008, 08:25
Are there any fellow PPRUNers going to Airmed 2008 in Prague?

My first European EMS conference so would appreciate some "inside info" on what to expect e.g. flying displays, equipment, etc.

Appreciate it.

JimL
23rd May 2008, 08:38
Well, what did you think of it?

Jim

Oogle
23rd May 2008, 08:44
Well, I thought it was a good show considering my first helicopter show of the European kind.

I suppose I was expecting something along the lines of Heli-Expo but soon found out it was not nearly as big. One aircraft that I was impressed with (on the EMS side of things) was the Bell 429. They have got the cabin layout right so just hope that the other areas come out on top (performance, speed, range, etc).

The lectures were very informative. The new EASA rules, NVG, Category A, the early days of Australian surf patrol helicopter, etc.

If anyone goes to Prague, be sure to check out the castle (especially the Spanish Hall).

Interested to hear from others experience of the show.

Brighton 2011 is the next one.

BigMike
25th May 2008, 03:39
yeah thats all very fine.. but what about the beer, woman, beer...;)

Oogle
25th May 2008, 05:18
Mike

All top class! Saw your machines flying around.

PM me and let me know what you are up to. :ok:

tigerfish
25th May 2008, 10:13
It was well attended and the various lectures/ presentations well put together. The exhibition was separate from the conference venue but the organisers had laid on a shuttle bus so that worked well.
All in all a good show which I will attend next time in Brighton.

Prague was very good too. But watch out for the muggers and the graffiti! Two passengers on my plane had been mugged on the Metro!

Tigerfish

PANews
25th May 2008, 23:33
I agree it was a very well run show and the subject matter in the conference rooms was as vast as the slightly underused exhibition area. Getting to see and hear all you wanted to was difficult when there were three different subjects running in three different rooms at the same time! Good for teaching the management of priorities though!

On the whole it ran like a well oiled machine but there were no casual walks between venues - the coach was a required addition.

Prague was Prague, well worth a stopover. The beer? Great!:D