PDA

View Full Version : Alba Handling @ GLA

macaulays
1st May 2008, 14:26
Hi there, I used to work for Menzies handling GSM at EDI but have since moved to Glasgow where Menzies are not recruiting atm. Noticed Alba are recruiting for PSA's at GLA - does anyone here happen to know what they are like to work for? I understand they are a fairly recent entrant so perhaps not that much info but any thoughts re: shift patterns, pay, what sort of company they are etc. would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

Ground1
1st May 2008, 15:54
To be fair, most handling agents are pretty similar these days in terms of shift patterns, money etc. Alba handle Flyglobespan and Virgin and generally are checking in from 0300 until around 2100, so Id imagine your shifts will cover this. I think some agents do 4 x 12hours and then 4 off. The handling agent who has been most consistent at GLA is Servisair without a doubt as they handle most airlines that operate from GLA and since Menzies only hanlde Easyjet, Aer Lingus and SouthEast Airlines. Aviance handle BA, Zoom, Monarch and some seasonal charter airlines. I dont think Alba or Aviance pay sick pay if you are off, but I know that there are some decent people who work for for either Alba or Aviance.

macaulays
6th May 2008, 10:47
Thanks Ground1, might just send an app through anyway - I;m sure if they're still recruiting they'll be able to give me some details!

:)

AirportFly
7th May 2008, 14:32
I work for Alba Handling and if you are interested in a position at Glasgow or Edinburgh, please send an email to the following address...

If you are looking for more details and our minimum requirements, please check our website using the link below...

Alba are different to the rest of the handling companies, it is a small friendly company, the directors know all of the staff by name. We work well as a team and have many incentives, including staff bonuses.

I'm happy to answer any more questions! :D

DAVYDAY
7th May 2008, 17:48
Alba`s standards are second to none .

They were audited last year and passed with no non-conformities.

This year both stations were full Euro Audited and no non -conformities.

There is not another ground handling company in Scotland, or the Uk, that can produce the service to match or exceed Alba.

I dont work for them but have been looking at all Ground handling companies in Scotland over the last 3 years. You would make a good choice.:D

beefster
7th May 2008, 18:17
I know one of the gaffas there Gerry Roden from his days with Groundstar/Swissport at BHX and always got on very well with him and thought he was a really nice bloke and wouldnt think twice about working for him if they moved further down the uK or if i moved up to Glasgow to be near all my Grandads family

macaulays
9th May 2008, 19:30
Thanks for your replies folks - sounds like they're a nice bunch! Sent off an app a few days ago however noticed about an hour after I posted it that they had changed their website to say there were no longer any vacancies! Oh well, 'twas worth a try!

Sandy :)

Gerry Alba
16th May 2008, 11:06
I have not been on line for a few weeks ,so it was very nice to see the comments regarding Alba here on PPRUNE.

Although we have a full staff compliment at the moment at both our stations (GLA & EDI )

Please feel free to send in an application .
As you know we are expanding at both stations and will keep all names on file and contact them if we have any vacancies.

Who is my old work buddy?

Oh Alba have also just won handling for "Aviation Services Management Ltd" Executive handling at both stations.

Or customers are Flyglobespan,Virgin Atlantic Airways,Kingfisher-
Aviation Services Management Ltd.
more to come....

Thanks Again for your support:D

preduk
19th May 2008, 00:54
Hi Gerry,

Do you know when you will be expecting to take in new vacancies? I understand you probably hear this a lot, but I'm dying to get a job with ground handling company.

I spoke to you guys a while back about a job, but never had my driving license at that point, thankfully I have it now though!

Is there much interest in taking guys with no experience at all?

Cubanate
27th May 2008, 12:53
Is there any relationship between Swissport and Alba Ground Handling? The wording on both of their websites under 'Services' is identical

Gerry Alba
28th May 2008, 19:13
hi please check out web for vacancies
thank you

Gerry Alba
28th May 2008, 19:23
Cubanate---well I never.

I suppose you notice the wording in "vacancies" is this same as the one at over 1000 Blackpool B&B`s.

What a friggin plonker..

The relationship was I am ex Swissport/Groundstar/Aviance/MAS/BMI/Loganiar handling.:ugh:doh!

Preduk

Alba will be recruiting in the very near future.
It would be wise to get your application in just now..you can find one on the web and also send it in via the web /email address.

good luck.
Alba have just signed another contract for both GLA and EDI
more news to come!
Gerry:D

macaulays
28th May 2008, 22:38
Good news re: the new contract. I did send in an app a few weeks ago so hopefully expansion is on the horizon ;)

Sandy

Gerry Alba
29th May 2008, 06:14
We hope to make official very soon.
It will be good all year round at GLA followed by EDI.

Watch the website!;)

Cubanate
30th May 2008, 09:55
Oh dear. No not Clouseau, just an interested party with a valid enquiry. Shame it was met with abuse from the MD

PS. I've never been to Blackpool

Gerry Alba
31st May 2008, 15:00
Fair enough,sorry for the bad comment....

We tend not to reply, yours was gen,so sorry.:O

Alba are fairly new and tend to get the old dinosaurs
trying to have a pop...

Oh and good news for all our staff at both GLA & EDI
the pay rise will start from 01st June,2008.:D

Right lets get more business

Gerry

Ground1
1st Jun 2008, 19:19
Wonder if there is any truth that Alba have secured Flybe @ GLA & EDI??

Cubanate
2nd Jun 2008, 09:14
Fair enough - apology accepted. Not all ppruners wish the worst on folks. Continued success at GLA/EDI

macaulays
2nd Jun 2008, 12:56
Hi Gerry - just a quick question for you if you have a moment! If you do start to take on a few extra psa's at GLA, do you know what sort of contracts you are likely to be looking at? i.e. FT, PT, Seasonal, Ad Hoc etc?

Thanks!

Sandy :)

Gerry Alba
4th Jun 2008, 15:59
cubanate
Thank you and yes sincere apoligies..:O

Macaulays

Various just check the website
www.albagroundhandling.co.uk (http://www.albagroundhandling.co.uk)

It does get updated when we are recruiting does no harm to get them in early though...good luck..

We hope to get some additional contracts soon
regards:)
Gerry

tristar500
11th Jun 2008, 17:34
Gerry

Alba seem to be getting stronger as time goes on. Of course its less than a year for EDI but still there and with another contract just being announced, its looking great! Well done.

Is there going to be another announcement soon?

Keep up the good work and all the best to you all at Alba

Gerry Alba
12th Jun 2008, 09:45
No---- no truth at all..:cool:
but if you want to speak to them on our behalf feel free.
any any other airline that you can think of.

Tristar--Thank you !:D

DAVYDAY
5th Aug 2008, 06:21
Gerry
where is Alba going to open next?

I know that look yesterday there is something on the boil go on spill the beans.

North or South?:ok:

Roadside
6th Aug 2008, 09:45
hi gerry saw you in blackpool take it you are opening up there;)

scr1
7th Aug 2008, 11:02
seen looking around inv at begining of the week

tally ho old chap
8th Aug 2008, 21:18
strong rumour you were spotted in abz :ok:

mad_jock
9th Aug 2008, 01:26
Gerry sorry pilot talking if you do decided to start up in ABZ there are 3 witches who are qualified as trainers who just won't go away.

They are utterly rubbish at customer handeling
Rubbish at specials
Rubbish with load control
Rubbish when anything goes wrong
And are very poor in every deptment.

Please please don't employ them again. Most of the locals in ABZ who move around the ground companys are pretty good. These 3 cows have caused problems for years.

You will easy spot them on the gate mouth like a cats arse and just keep repeating "it not our fault its..... "

Please don't give them a job, they look great on paper but they will bring you grief like everyone else they have worked for.

Gerry Alba
12th Aug 2008, 11:36
Hahaha
Morag and I took a week off to rest .well if you call playing with my band Fire Exit -at The rebellion punk rock festival in Blackpool,rest...6 days 175 bands. but it was fun.. ah well back to work..
thats why we were seen at Bpool.

scary though that theres two of me one in ABZ hahaha..

Davy as I said when its time to tell--- everyone will know.
we are in the middle of the summer for goodness sake..

Mad Jock -ABZ has 7 handling agents just a bit too many at the moment
lets see what the winter brings! but we would like to get in sometime.
3 mad cows sounds like a disease...

scr1 - I love INV great Chineese (Jimmy Chungs).

Tristar500 - Soon - I hope..

I love getting on this site and reading rumblings..:eek:

DAVYDAY
13th Aug 2008, 06:41
OK YA OLD PUNK
We are waiting :D

beefster
13th Aug 2008, 19:53
God Gerry
you still playin with that band of yours thought you would have given up by now
Good look with what ever you do and if you ever do move in to BHX dont forget to look up your old mates from Swissport/Groundstar

Regards
Stu

Gerry Alba
15th Aug 2008, 13:31
hI m8 long time .hope all is well.
Who Knows what will happen eh!
give our best to the gang at Swissport.

Next time we are passing through I will give you a shout for a coffee.:O:O

BladePilot
15th Aug 2008, 16:05
Gerry,
Came across this thread by sheer chance as I was browsing the PPRUNE site.
Never thought when I bumped into you a while back in Glasgow that you would have made such a success of your new company so quickly. Just goes to show if you have the desire and will to succeed anything can be achieved. it also helps a great deal that people like you, trust you and are willing to say so.

You and Morag obviuosly make a good team.

Congratulations, well done and long may it last for you. 'salt of the earth' guys like you deserve to make it good. I have no doubt that you are a good employer and treat your staff as you would like to be treated with respect, dignity and uncompromising support.

I'll buy you a beer next time I pass through Glasgow if you can figure out who I am! (if you do please keep it between us, I need to retain my anonymity!) send me a pvt-email if you do.

Best wishes.

BladePilot.
P.S. not sure about the band. aren't you getting a bit old for that!:)

CBR6
16th Aug 2008, 12:44
As previous employee of Alba I have to say they are the best handling company that I have had the pleasure to work with.

Gerry & Mo are both not only superb bosses but also make you feel more of a friend than just an employee.

I have since moved on to a different type of job altogether but still see Gerry & Mo regularly and I would not hesitate to recommend them as employers.

CBR6

Gerry Alba
18th Aug 2008, 15:19
Blade Pilot (love the name)CBR6.Thank you its nice to get good feedback in an industry that, well likes to pass the buck.. We hope to make another anouncement very soon.The industry needs people to keep their feet on the ground (no pun intended) and for airlines to get away from the same old handling companies and move on with joint partnerships (not financial) but customer based passengers,baggage,focused.working together to achieve on time safe departures.Heres to a good winter for all.. except (well you know who u r).

DAVYDAY
18th Aug 2008, 19:37
Right I am still waiting,come on I have heard 3 different stories

Where is next contract?

I know need to wait,The comments were very positive and about time too.well deserved:ok:

There are a few deviant! managers with red faces .:uhoh:

catch up soon.:8

BladePilot
21st Aug 2008, 14:49
What's up?
This thread was proving to be rather interesting now it's gone cold. No news about ALBA?

BladePilot (and yes I do have one)

OPS1978
17th Sep 2008, 13:34
Rumour is Alba taking the flybe contract from Swissport at BHX can anyone see it happening?.

DAVYDAY
17th Sep 2008, 14:34
Alba have a great relationship with flybe, they shared Alba ticket desk at GLA for a while.

BHX may just be too soon for growth

Rumour has it other interested parties are talking to the owners of Alba at the moment..I cant get hold of them to confirm or deny. but will keep trying.

Captain Caveman
17th Sep 2008, 15:36
Call his name and he shall appear !

Come on Gerry you venturing south ?

Gerry Alba
18th Sep 2008, 13:03
Too early yet.

No plans to start in BHX ,but have been asked to look by a few people.

Morag ,the team and I have a lot on at the moment...

Davy sorry I have not called ,as I said lot going on. Hope to meet with you next week and give you some info if all sorted!

stay cool ,as for BHX Swissport I am sure they will survive and not as nad as the reports.
good luck luck to all.

BladePilot
19th Sep 2008, 10:53
Ah! the thread comes alive again, must be an announcement on it's way:cool:

silverstreak
28th Sep 2008, 17:44
Gerry, whats this we hear of Uncle Tom taking more shares in Alba?

DAVYDAY
30th Sep 2008, 07:24
Gerry

I heard the same,a big announcement on Thursday we hear.

Whats going on!
What ever you and Morag do is cool with Mags and me.

Alba Loyal.. :)

Gerry Alba
30th Sep 2008, 16:00
Morag & I are the major shareholders of Alba Ground Handling Ltd
NO Anouncements at all..

sorry Pete/Davy

Do you ever watch Deal or No Deal hahaha!!!

Alba will continue to grow.

Thanks for all your interest. :8

tally ho old chap
2nd Oct 2008, 23:47
i heard same both in edi and abz that mr dalyrymple now sole owner of alba so announcement correct today gerry alba????:{:{:{

tally ho old chap
2nd Oct 2008, 23:51
hope that nothing changes from ground services as alba doing a fantastic job especially gla

DAVYDAY
6th Oct 2008, 16:43
i heard same both in edi and abz that mr dalyrymple now sole owner of alba so announcement correct today gerry alba????http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/boohoo.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/boohoo.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/boohoo.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just spoke to Gerry today.(Monday)

Morag and Gerry are still the major shareholders of ALBA and dont know where the roumors are coming from.
He seems to think another handling agent maybe behind the story.

He also confirmed that Virgin Atlantic Airlines have had the best summer ever at GLA with Alba handling them 100% ontime or early.:D:D:D:D

Thats 100% better than previous handling company last year did..not one on time..:ugh:

Keep it up Alba!:D

tally ho old chap
9th Oct 2008, 03:58
well done alba for your virgin on time departure this summer fully deserved as i have been through gla a good few times this summer and alba have been on the ball on each occasion and hear this from most other crews keep up the good work and well done:ok:

dora the explorer
9th Oct 2008, 18:49
Is it true that Uncle Tom is the sole owner of Alba??? :*
And is it true the employees are being paid from the GSM account???

P.S Where do Gerry and Mo fit into this now?? Tell the truth !!!! :ugh:

dora the explorer
9th Oct 2008, 18:58
Especially GLA????? := Try watching the show at EDI !!! They get shafted big time so i hear !!!!!

Gerry Alba
10th Oct 2008, 12:30
Virgin & GSM pay the bills as they are the customers that use the services

I am away Back to business..

Edit: Swearing!

wingshot
10th Oct 2008, 17:45
:=:=:=:= Mr Alba !!

At least you are consistent as far as I can tell, You are fobbing off this forum just as much as i gather you are fobbing off your employees !! Yes GSM and Virgin pay the bills but as far as i am aware, most airlines do not pay their handling agents wages direct from their own accounts department !!!! FACT..... Alba GLA and ALBA EDI staff's wages will both be paid direct from collinton house (GSM) !! But hey, everything is fine... Alba continues to grow ( into what ? GSM Ground Handling ? )....... But relax folks because guess what ?????? An announcement ( a major one ) is immenent !!!!!! " AS YOU WOULD SAY YOURSELF GERRY.......BOLLOCKS MATE " !!!!!!!!!

dora the explorer
10th Oct 2008, 19:18
:ok: TO WINGSHOT:D

YOU GOTTA ADMIT MR. ALBA, IT ALL LOOKS VERY SUSPICIOUS! WHATS THE BIG SECRET?? DONT YOUR EMPLOYEES DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH???? :ugh:

tally ho old chap
10th Oct 2008, 21:22
this was not a slant at EDI i pass through GLA more than EDI but when i do pass through alba do a fantastic job there to they are head and and shoulders above both the last handling companies at both stations just wish they would open up in abz?? any chance Gerry Alba????

Gerry Alba
12th Oct 2008, 17:24
This is the last time I will spell it out .Wingshot..

All Alba accounts have nothing to do with any other company .

They are paid by Alba Gound Handling Ltd direct from Paisley reg office
signed by Morag and Me into the bank by Alba nothing to do with any airline...This is fact and can be verified at our accountants and RBS in Paisley...

To all you rumour heads at the other handling companies
Alba will continue to grow..

You know who I mean.
Hows your business doing lard arse in Glasgow..hahaha

Is this why the post has became hot because your own company is struggling and I caught you spreading nasty rumours to the Airport authorities.

We all smell a rat and we know where it is..

Remember P... its nice to be important,but
It more important to be nice!

Gerry & Mo
away to relax and enjoy the future...:ok:

tally ho old chap
12th Oct 2008, 17:58
well that clears it Gerry Alba:D who is the company spreading the nasty gossip lard a*** P :ugh::rolleyes:

wingshot
13th Oct 2008, 01:46
One question tho Gerry, why then have your staff at both bases been told that their salary will be paid through collinton house ? I know people at both GLA and EDI and this is what they have been told.

Gerry Alba
13th Oct 2008, 10:41
Staff have not been told any such thing..

People with no lifes spreading nasty rumours.

They need to get a life..

Alba Loyal xx:=

DAVYDAY
13th Oct 2008, 13:45
Gerry, Morag

I see the deviance crew are trying their best again.

Alba are a lot better than them dont get dragged into their pit.

We are all behind yous
as you said
Alba Loyal...:D

silverstreak
13th Oct 2008, 20:06
Davyday

Were all happy for you to be behind Gerry... However the fact IS that rumours ARE going round, AND they seem to be comming from ALBA sources, NOT 'deviance' as you so suggest

By the way, we are all still waiting for you to update us on the fate of Aviance... You claimed to know 'so much' about AVI not so long ago, when in fact you were just 'scare mongering'. Covers are being blown we think... The mask is slipping Davyday :ok:

Winter 08 will define the futures of many an airline (possibly handling agent too), not the comments of a former Aviance employee...

DAVYDAY
14th Oct 2008, 14:18
Dont get dragged into their pit.remember....

Never ever worked in Ground after PPL got CPL.:ugh:

Made a right clown of yourself again

JamesKirk
15th Oct 2008, 20:43
Alas Mr day it is yourself who is the clown with your big feet & that red nose (how do you keep it so red when its permenantly up gerry's bum?).

I think the good patrons of PPrune have realised that your vendetta against a certain G/H company has clouded what little there was left in that tiny space upstairs.

how long ago was it that you posted the "scoop" that this G/H was finished? yet they seem to be still going & picking up new contracts as well. lets face it Mr Day

You are the weakest link.....................Goodbye:D:D

dora the explorer
16th Oct 2008, 10:21
Mr Alba :oh:

Alba is a `growing company` as you say, but why are none of the permanent staff being replaced. Why are the staff who are willing to do the job being punished because people are leaving??
And when are your staff getting a pay-rise for all their hard work and commitment???
I think Alba wants to have their cake and eat it, they want the service, but are not willing to pay for the staff to provide it.
Oh and one more thing, there is no staff but i heard the minute overtime is put out its a big issue! It all comes down to MONEY!!! Never mind the good employees that you have and the working conditions that was all promised at the start apparently. :ugh::D

dora the explorer
16th Oct 2008, 10:28
oh and by the way, staff HAVE been told directly that wages will be paid through collinton house!!! Because why would ALBA employ administrators etc when Globespan have their own !!!! APPARENTLY

silverstreak
16th Oct 2008, 10:47
Dora - WELL SAID :ok:

It does seem just a tad strange when all along, ALBA have paid their staff 'not from Collinton House', BUT... Now it seems salaries WILL be paid from Collinton. Why the change?

This whole episode is getting like a cartoon from the famed MGM studios in Hollywood... ''Tom and Gerry'' :E... (Just happens that these names feature in the boardroom at ALBA)

I mean come on. Be honest. Treat the staff with respect. Let them know what the 'ding dong bell' is going on for goodness sake.

In fact why dont the 'management' come on down for a shift or two, onto the front line and see for themselves what goes on. I assure you, you would last a hour - tops :p

How about a staff meeting Tom and Gerry :ugh:

Gerry Alba
17th Oct 2008, 12:48
Alba staff got a pay rise in April .

No change to last email info. all admin is done at OUR company in GLA
absolutly nothing to do with GSM or any other airline.

make up what you like you always do.

Have a nice Day:cool:

:ok:
Gerry & Mo xx

21st Oct 2008, 14:57
Anybody know what the yearly salary of Alba employee working in Passengers Services is?

Gerry Alba
22nd Oct 2008, 07:55
Yes I do.:ugh:

inside track
25th Oct 2008, 17:22
Pay rise for ground op was 12p per hour.

inside track
31st Oct 2008, 11:59
Things not good at alba edi,last month the most experianced/senior dispatcher left for pastures new,this week 2 of the 4 ramp managers left the company.Good luck innes and davy,also all temps out the door plus 4 guys who were on full time rota to replace guys that had already left the company.

DAVYDAY
31st Oct 2008, 23:12
Seems the winter flying schedules are cut far more than expected by GSM.

Alba doing everything they can to keep as many staff in both GLA and EDI.

All the handlers are doing the same ,spoke to chap during the week who also ownes a company down south has been told to cut costs by 50%
Servisair reducing staff in all bases south.

Menzies Alba and Aviance now starting to reduce in line with flying programes.

Let`s keep our fingers crossed there are no more flying reductions for all.

my flight had 12 pax today 65% down on this time last year from LHR.
MAN flight on Tuesday had 6 thats 83% down on this time last year.

Just hope you guys pull through..DD

draughtsman99
6th Nov 2008, 16:21
I wish you would all take this somewhere private - you are giving Scotland a bad name.

strong hand
7th Nov 2008, 00:30
The airline business is getting hammered just now with fuel hikes, and credit crunch hitting people in the pocket etc. etc.

Alba are not the only ones who will be making people redundant over the next few months. Unfortunately it's the world / industry we are living in right now, especially at the time of year we are coming up to.
I'm sure the management of alba want to take the company forward, but when a handling agents hands are forced by the reduction of schedule of their airlines then cutbacks are going to happen.

Dora and Wingshot, if the company is as bad as you make out then surely you are better off out of the place?? If you have nothing to do with the company then why get involved? It seems a tad strange to me. You seem to feel sorry for the alba staff in EDI, but if they find the place as awful as you're making out then why not leave? They are not being kept there against there will. There are jobs out there.
Alba wouldn't shoot thereselves in the foot and leave themselves short, they are a business remember and if jobs aren't complete to the customers standard then they dont get money and there would be no business.

As for this rubbish about the sickness, a company needs people it can rely on when it has to reduce numbers. There is no point employing people who might / might not turn up for work, even if sickness is genuine.

If i was in charge of hiring and firing at a company the first thing i would look to is the standard of their work. If they are never there then that standard isn't high. I'm sure you will comment about this but once again it's the tough old world we live in, and it happens from business to business. Is it pc?, no, but does it happen?, yes.

These people who are complaining, i've not got a clue whether you were employed by the company or not, but alba gave staff an oppurtunity, and its seems as though some staff have blown it one way or another. Whether that was with poor work standards, sickness or whatever, payoffs are enevitable, someone has to go.

If everyone who works for alba are mugs for doing so then let them get on with it. At the end of the day if it was a mistake then let them find out for themselves. You never know they might quite like it.No-one needs/wants to hear the abuse being put in peoples direction.

groundrat
7th Nov 2008, 02:33
aye!ur rite!there are obviously no mods here...even i feel brave enuff to log in!lol!it won't last long tho-i'm sure DAVYDAY will soon catch up to me!heehee!!!On a serious note though,.i personally know a lot of good people who busted their balls to make ALBA work and i've read enuff slander on here to speak up-unfortunately,business is business....it ain't a personal matter!If it is,this is NOT the arena to drag it up in-whatever your feelings may be!!!!!I personally find your remarks towards my friends offensive in the extreme and i would say that if you have dirty laundry to air then you should attempt to behave professionally and air it behind closed doors and not on an internet forum where you are obviously attempting to get negative reactions out of folk!!!!!However, that said, if there is a genuine grievance then you should sort it out through legal channels.:=

PPRuNe Pop
8th Nov 2008, 07:12
Heads up guys!

It seems a few of you are under the impression that the mods are not on the case. Wrong! Several posts have already been deleted and I have deleted one or two this morning.

Warning! Unless the sniping and abuse stops right now you will find this thread closed. No ifs no buts.

All PPRuNe forums are for grown ups to make clear informed and intelligent comments for the benefit of others. It is not a childrens playground some of you like to play in.

Get the message?

PPP

call100
8th Nov 2008, 12:17
Well put PPRuNe Pop.:ok:

I think that all the handling agents fail their employees, The problems, from what I encounter, seem to emanate from poor management at all levels.
It's all going to get a bit rough for a while and I think only the strong with a will to stay in the business will survive...
Good luck to all...

tally ho old chap
9th Nov 2008, 00:46
the company i work for are laying off 50% of the work force and it has nothing to to with management it is the current climate we live in today the sooner some people in this thread realized this the sooner the better rather than slagging of east and west coasts. Management do have a say but remember they are there to run the show they don't own it:rolleyes:

bruppy
10th Nov 2008, 10:43
Call 100

I think that all the handling agents fail their employees, The problems, from what I encounter, seem to emanate from poor management at all levels.
It's all going to get a bit rough for a while and I think only the strong with a will to stay in the business will survive...

I was shocked to read the above comments especially from one who is employed by the very agency who lets both the H/A & Airlines down regularly (IE Airport Authority), Remember the budget you have to play with is far in excess of what the H/A's have, we suffer as the airlines are driving the prices down and the Airport authorities then raise the prices of rent & utilities whilst at the same time sub contracting thier work out to complanies who fail their customers (us) on a daily basis (Bussing/WCH's etc). look at the new build as an example, major disruption with many remote aircraft however baggage times stay the same despite longer to travel to the drop off and having to negotiate the infamous 1 way system.
I have had the pleasure (!!) of working both sides of the fence & realise how difficult it is now to make any money from ground handling and do see casualties in the next year, especially if we continue the infighting over the scraps that the airlines are throwing out.
I would just ask that before making coments such as that, you walk in the H/A's shoes (finding out how tight they are).
Rant Over - TTFN:ok::ok:

call100
10th Nov 2008, 14:03
Sorry Bruppy I can't see what comment you could possibly be shocked by. Think back to when you actually worked for a living on the ramp. I don't think anyone complained more than yourself about the Management of your company. It seems now you are Poacher turned Gamekeeper.
I say what I say because I talk to all of the guys on the ramp from all of the HA's not just yours.
Remember the good old day's??? Working on the baggage for the aiport...aaahhhh, Who said progress was good?:8:ok:

PPRuNe Pop
7th Dec 2008, 20:26
To those who have just been banned, and to those who cannot conduct themselves in a decent manner and who use PPRuNe as a means to shoot their foul mouths off, you have succeeded in closing this thread. You are no longer welcome on this site.

Any other thread on this subject will be removed instantly.

PPP