PDA

View Full Version : CPL trouble

doctordoom
30th Apr 2008, 23:28
Can anybody clear this up for me. I am doing my CPL in Ireland and have over 100hrs P1 and about 160 total time can I sit the CPL skills test with out having 200 hrs total time. I dont have any money left to do any more hourbuilding,:{ I will just about have enuff to do my IR. I heard some were that you can sit the skill's test befor 200hr's and when you get to 200hrs total you will get you cpl issued is this the case, cause is it is I can start my IR and can by bypass having to do any more hourbuilding.

Coffin Corner
30th Apr 2008, 23:57
This is from memory so someone will no doubt clarify, the only requirement to start the CPL course (modular) is 150hrs total time plus either the ATPL exam or CPL exam passes (14 or 9 subjects respectively).
Skill test is irrelevant, next comes CPL license issue, there are various criteria for license issue, a couple from memory are:-

Obviously a pass in the CPL GST
200hrs flight time (apply for your CPL & IR together to save pennies)
300nm cross country complete
100hrs PIC
10hrs of instrument duel instruction (which you'll get on the CPL anyway)
night rating complete
current class 1 medical ?

doctordoom
1st May 2008, 00:01
Thank's coffin corner, I have all of the above so do you reckon that 200hrs total is part of that criteria.

Coffin Corner
1st May 2008, 00:03
Sorry, just edited my post, have another look, the 200hrs in total is for license issue yes, so complete the CPL, then do the IR if you haven't got 200hrs and apply for both licenses together, you'll get the cost of both licenses for the cost of 1 if I remember (bless the CAA)

If I remember I only had 220hrs TT when I passed my IR, had both issued at the same time :)

fadge
1st May 2008, 07:36
doctordoom

I was in a similar predicament as yourself. I spoke directly to the IAA and they told me i must have 200tt (including 100pic) before I could do my CPL skills test (it is different from the UK)

You may find this thread useful.

http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3067&sid=8a886fa5b61e28715f845eadb142735f

I would suggest you speak to the IAA and clarify this for your own peace of mind.

fadge

Coffin Corner
1st May 2008, 08:07
ahhhhhhh

Doctordoom many apologies, it was rather late, I missed the Irish part of your message.

Sorry if I misled you

CC

doctordoom
1st May 2008, 12:56
Thank's Fadge and Coffin corner you have both been a great help :ok: