PDA

View Full Version : 727 sim check update

Skydrol Leak
30th Apr 2008, 18:40
I got back from the sim ride and I would like to thank all of the guys who got me a valuable hints in my "727 drivers please" thread.

Some of the things;

1. Trim -the mother of all trims LOL very effective indeed!
2. Rudders - No problems on T/G and T/O but very "icey" feel to them once the reversers unlocked and brakes were applied
3. Pitch control - I had some problems with the high pitch just after T/G as nose went radically up to almost 20 degrees and i had to use quite a lot of force and really fast trimmimg to get her down to 15.
4. Turns - In the beggining i tend to over bank the a/c from 25-30 degrees , mostly as I never flew 170000 lbs before, but as we went on that was corrected by trimming nose up a bit higher than usual on smaller a/c
5. Thrust - Very powerful and really great ROC indeed. ASI was firm at all times with just a little inputs of thrust.
6. Flaps - Crazy pitch and a lot of trim input especially after flaps 15 and gear down
7. Landing - Every landing was perfect, firm but smooth. Although this a/c wasn't equipped with full GPWS so the PNF was reading the last 50 feet verbally.
8. Roll - I had some problems by keeping manually the a/c leveled once on heading with A/P off, It kept banking to the left, but I am not sure If that is normal, since they've had some problems with the sims Yaw damper apparently.

Overall, a great airplane although a lot more work than in EFIS cockpit regarding navigation etc. Very sturdy, stick and rudder kinnda deal that keeps you occupied at all times...but that's what flying used to be when they've made those a/c's.

I've gotten very good feedback today at sim and hopefuly more follows.
I would like to thank again to all you fellas for your support and valuable experience feedback, It helped me quite a lot today.

Cheers!

john_tullamarine
1st May 2008, 02:03
Landing - Every landing was perfect

.. now we await your report of the experience with the REAL aircraft, rather than a cardboard replica ...

stilton
1st May 2008, 03:07
Great machine, enjoy a real jet, just be ready with LOTS of power IF you encounter a big sink on short final.