PDA

View Full Version : A new "perfect" airline (not run by Heineken)

egnxema
30th Apr 2008, 09:01
There are regular causes of annoyance flying most airlines, some of them, like the "plus taxes and charges" line and charging for bags maybe.:*

I want to research a list of the primary things that would make you nod, smile and think "that is a great airline". As per the title - I am not thinking of "Heineken Airways -probably the best airline in the air" but rather the list of things that, if eliminated, would attract you to an airline over and over again.

For starters - Fares fair. Stop the whole "plus taxes and charges line":ok:

Charge a modest, per booking, credit card fee. :ok:

tangocharlie
30th Apr 2008, 09:13
Big turn-off for me is the paying for bags routine! Airlines pretending to remain competitive, but basically a big revenue income!

30th Apr 2008, 09:15
For me, the wild swing in prices from 1p to £200, plus baggage charges etc. Surely airline statisticians could work out an average!

wingman863
30th Apr 2008, 11:38
I'm a bit confused with the whole carlsberg/heineken thing.

Anyway, yes, "taxes and charges" is just irritating and serves no purpose but to annoy people - no-one is fooled. Recently while making a booking on Aerlingus (a particularly bad example of additional things having to be paid for so you might want to take a look at that) I got to the final stage, was confronted with all these additional bits and bobs and said, stuff this, I'm going on bmi. Call me old fashioned, it probably cost me a few quid extra, but I wasn't going to be wilfully misled.

I've flown ryanair only a couple of times and it was awful. The annoying FA's constantly on the sell trying to flog me things I don't want like scratch-cards and other rubbish really did put me off.

I think theres a school of thought in the airline industry that for low fares people will put up with anything and when that anything gets the airline a few extra pounds, everything is fine and dandy. Maybe some people will put up with anything but I don't consider myself one of them.

toledoashley
30th Apr 2008, 11:57
For me GO was the perfect low-cost airline. Trendy and Business-like all at the same time. Sadly missed.

Chica
1st May 2008, 07:42
#1 annoyance - rip-off credit card charges. £5 extra on top of a £80 ticket - 6.25% surcharge - nothing but an unscrupulous additional income stream for the airline.

#2 annoyance - baggage charges - as family of four we paid over £70 in luggage charges to go from IOM to Spain via LPL - thanks Flybe and Easyjet :*

#3 annoyance - tinny, crappy music blaring out when the aircraft is on the ground - "Flybe unplugged" being the worst offender by a mile.

#4 annoyance - seating allocation - why huddle everyone together at the back of the plane and leave the front 8 rows empty (flybe on a recent flight to LGW) at least the FA usually has the courtesy to suggest that people move seats once the doors are shut.

#5 annoyance - no I dont want to buy a f...ing scratch card.