PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced learning credits approved PPL H schools?

Kengineer-130
29th Apr 2008, 11:53
Just a quick question, are there any enhanced learning credit approved PPL H (JAA compliant) schools around the uk/ usa? :ok: Be interested to find out, as hopefully looking into using some funds to gain a PPL H :ok:

Whirlygig
29th Apr 2008, 12:03
There's a similar thread half-way down the page but the short answer is "no".

A PPL is deemed to be just that; a private licence, a hobby and therefore funding in the UK is not available.

Cheers

Whirls

Kengineer-130
29th Apr 2008, 13:56
But the PPL (h) is the UNAVOIDABLE stepping stone to a commercial licence.

Ormond beach aviation are ELC registered, and have had a number of ex forces personell train there under the ELC system.

Don't forget most of the armed forces ( I'm RAF) , and a lot of other proffesional bodies get membership of the enhanced learning credit system, and as such up to a £2000 grant towards thier proffesional development, and as such a PPL ( A or H) becomes eligable for funding via this route as it HAS to be done before any other licence .

Might be worth looking at becoming ELC registered for a UK school, as it would enable a lot of people to take a big chunk of cash off thier PPL (h) training :ok:.... I'm sure if people make enough fuss about it they would HAVE to fund it, as a PPL still falls up with a level 3 qualification in the quals framework :ok:

Whirlygig
29th Apr 2008, 14:43
A PPL isn't unavoidable as there are integrated schools such as Cabair-you could try them. I did not glean from your post that you wanted to take the modular route to a commercial licence!

Cheers

Whirls

Kengineer-130
29th Apr 2008, 16:39
but surley even in an intergrated enviroment there is the need to do the PPL bit first?

Pandalet
29th Apr 2008, 16:43
The actual training may be very similar, but I believe you come out at the end of it without a PPL. The fact that you're in a supervised, structured learning environment throughout an ab initio course would (I guess) be why you only need 130 hours.

Whirlygig
29th Apr 2008, 16:43
No there isn't; I don't believe you even get a PPL issued. The whole course is a different structure.

Cheers

Whirls

Kengineer-130
29th Apr 2008, 16:56
Ahhh.. :( Still, I might have a hunt around as I know is is possible with the PPL (A)