PDA

View Full Version : German with canadian ambitions...

CAT3noAP
28th Apr 2008, 21:47
Hey guys!

Can anybody give any information if AC or other canadian airlines hire expats from europe? Especially from germany? :) I´m very interested in migrating to Canada. I´m presently flying as an FO on an A320. I´ve 3800 hours total time. 3500 on ME-Jet.

Thanks in advance for all your information!

Regards

Panama Jack
30th Apr 2008, 05:15
Should be no problem, so long as your paperwork is in order-- meaning you already have your Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant (Permanent Resident) Status in hand. However, Canadian employers are largely unable to "sponsor" as is common practice in Africa, the Middle East, India or parts of East Asia.

PT6A
30th Apr 2008, 12:28
Thats not correct.

It is relatively easy for a Canadian company to sponsor you.

Lot's of companies do this, in fact "Air Pilots, Flight Engineers and Air Navigators"

Is an occupation listed that Canadian employers struggle to fill, so the requirements on them advertising etc are reduced.

PT6

5LY
30th Apr 2008, 17:33
How can this be. We export more pilots than we keep. It's one of canada's major exports. How can we fast track anybody for a flying job?

PT6A
30th Apr 2008, 18:50
It's fact check the NOC code 2271 with the HRSDC

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/oup/abouplist.shtml

This makes it easier for an employer to take that person on, they are only required to show they advertised the job to Canadians for 1 week.

The application can also be fast tracked.

The LMO can be used for a temporary work visa or to support a permanent residence application.

pilotcpb
4th May 2008, 06:08
Is that list you posted for Alberta only or all of Canada?