PDA

View Full Version : Aircrew Brevets

231WILSON
27th Apr 2008, 18:52
Evening Gents

I have seen on Pictures and on videos regarding tornado crews that the Navigators or WSO's either were the Single N brevet or they were the Patch with the N brevet on it.

Do they choose which one or is it just the sqn rules?

many thanks

Wilson

Spam_UK
27th Apr 2008, 18:58
We have a similar thing with the RAF/AE Brevet divide, and the end result we were told was that, if you did the course before it changed you can wear either. If you did it after it changed then you can only wear the RAF, and on our squadron its the same for the Navs.

However we were also told we could wear trade specific brevets on out No. 5's no matter what course you did. Not so sure about how true that is :\

Spam_UK
27th Apr 2008, 19:00
Just realised that that wasn't the question being asked. Sorry.

With regards to just the brevet or a patch, on our squadron its personal chioce, although most wear a patch as it helps remember peoples name!

231WILSON
27th Apr 2008, 19:03
Thanks SPAM UK

May I ask what sqn you are with, and are you a Pilot or Nav?

Thanks

Wilson

Spam_UK
27th Apr 2008, 19:11
Hey Wilson,

Check PM's

231WILSON
27th Apr 2008, 19:19

Pilot Pacifier
27th Apr 2008, 19:38
Bit of thread creep here, but I'd love to know what the FC are wearing now as a brevet :}

Lights blue touch paper and stands back...

Sentry Agitator
27th Apr 2008, 20:11
Before anyone else gets in - it is a Flying Badge and not a recognised, official aircrew Brevet that we FCs wear and yes it is still the FC (Fighter Control) badge.

SA

Dan D'air
27th Apr 2008, 22:22
I can't believe that you are having this conversation when everyone knows that the only place to put a brevet is just above the hoops on ones left arm..................:ok:

Occasional Aviator
28th Apr 2008, 14:50
It's only personal choice which to wear if you have been previously awarded a brevet prior to the WSO/WSOp brevet.

231WILSON
28th Apr 2008, 19:46
Cheers for replys guys :ok:

6onthebleeptest
29th Apr 2008, 07:32
Surely doing away with all brevets except the "2 WINGED MASTER RACE" would irradicate the need for such confusion??? :ok:

After all, most airframes now have RadAlts, GPS, Radar, etc...etc...

Still, It wouldn't be the same without "no stick no vote" rearseat ballast nibbing about your finals turn!!!!!!!:E