PDA

View Full Version : Faa Icao

tinyjohnston
27th Apr 2008, 15:58
Just wondering,
If i apply for a new FAA license will they send me out a new one with the ICAO approval on it or do i specifically have to request it??

Cheers

Tiny

funfinn2000
28th Apr 2008, 17:49
You do have to be able to speak the language

Phil77
28th Apr 2008, 19:23
Every new issued (plastic card) licence comes automatically with "English proficient" written on it.
If you want a new one without having done a new licence, you'll have to pay $2 to get one with the endorsement.

For all of you who don't know: the FAA reasons that every FAA certified pilot already meets the proficiency requirements, by requiring it for each licence anyway: FAR PART §61. [...] (c) "Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language. [...]"

tinyjohnston
28th Apr 2008, 22:53
FunFinn2000
You do have to be able to speak the language

Ah.... That must be my problem!!!!!! :E ;) :D

Overdrive
28th Apr 2008, 23:55
Every new issued (plastic card) licence comes automatically with "English proficient" written on it.
If you want a new one without having done a new licence, you'll have to pay $2 to get one with the endorsement.

I'm stunned. Something that will cost me for the FAA licence, but that I've just received free by post for the CAA licence!!! (though it is just a piece of paper). Must be a first.

funfinn2000
29th Apr 2008, 00:24
oki guys and dolls. if you have FAA tickets go online to this

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/default.aspx

Follow instructions and then search for your details and it will have English Proficient on it . Print it and carry it with you until your new plastic arrives, the FAA will stand by this.

It's also a good website to see who has what.

Funny idea this english thing, :ugh:

Rich Lee
29th Apr 2008, 18:43
I received my new FAA certificate with "English proficient" and I only speak American.:cool: