PDA

View Full Version : XL/TCD lgw-sfb May flight change

janni
25th Apr 2008, 09:55
Haven't a clue whether this is where I should post this question but I'll give it a go!
From 1st-18th May XL/TCD have changed aircraft for their Gatwick-Sanford route which means the flight is now non-direct and only has 1 class - economy travel. No XLOne.
Does anyone know if this is a one off. We are flying with them August and are very concerned that we might have in-direct flight and no upgraded seats.

Thanks

UFGBOY
25th Apr 2008, 10:43
planned maintenance.... will be 763 2 class non stop when u go...........

janni
25th Apr 2008, 11:51
Thanks Ufgboy,

If it's planned maintenance you'd think they'd have replaced the original plane with one that could provide customers with what they booked wouldn't you? If there was an unexpected hitch, and that's the only plane available it might be more understandable but to use something like that when it's been planned seems ridiculous to me, but then what do I know?!!

So you think we'll be pretty safe and shouldn't receive a letter telling us we've been downgraded and on an indirect flight?

rufus.t.firefly
25th Apr 2008, 12:36
Could be worse , We flew on a Thomas Cook A330 on TCD flights last month to Sanford and back , appalling as regards cabin room. Couldn't swing a cat and over poweringly hot ! what happened to air conditioning.

Terrible experience

Bring back the TF- 747 !!!!:{

Off Stand
25th Apr 2008, 16:26
Rufus, what did the crew say when you asked for the cabin temp to be turned down? And I agree, 3-3-3 config on an A330 is pretty cramped, I traveled LGW-POP a few years ago on one, but my ex and I booked 2 seats together towards the back as where the cabin narrowed, the seating became 2-3-2. I believe the config on XL's B763 is 2-4-2? I am guessing this is pretty cramped too. I stand to be corrected of course!!

diesel36
25th Apr 2008, 16:33
Most of Thomas Cook 330's have now been refigured to 33" seat pitch.

:D:D

ROSSKi MYT
25th Apr 2008, 16:40
with regards to the xla/tcd flights to sfb this summer, what aircraft will opperate the Glasgow flights

rufus.t.firefly
25th Apr 2008, 17:09
offstand

When the crew where asked to do something about the heating We were told sorry theirs nothing We can do , would you like a bottle of water !!! what for ? to drink or pour over ourselves ....needless to say the lower floor toilet soon got full. It was the same 8 hrs 30 going ....hot as hell , 7 hrs 20 coming back ..... hot as hell !! Unfortunately when you have that sort of cabin heat for the duration you start to think somethings wrong !!!

Our first time on an A330 , give me the 747 or and old L1011 anyday even in economy class !!!:confused:

never again !!!!!

Off Stand
25th Apr 2008, 19:00
That's odd, as the various a/c types I have been trained on in the past, you can either adjust yourself in the cabin or ask the flight crew to do it? Oh well, shame it spoilt the flight for you.

AircraftOperations
25th Apr 2008, 19:10
"If it's planned maintenance you'd think they'd have replaced the original plane with one that could provide customers with what they booked wouldn't you? If there was an unexpected hitch, and that's the only plane available it might be more understandable but to use something like that when it's been planned seems ridiculous to me, but then what do I know?!!"

But who is to say that a like for like aircraft is available whilst the original aircraft is on maintenance?
Or maybe if one is available, it is costing so much more to lease in that the airline would risk pissing off a few passengers with a less welcoming machine that costs less.

BYALPHAINDIA
25th Apr 2008, 22:36
Does Anyone Know if the 'sole' 762 - G BNYS is still being driven??

Thanks In Advance.:ok:

RingwaySam
26th Apr 2008, 16:33
G-BOPB is still in service -Apparently it's covering for the later 737-900 deliveries. G-BNYS is now S7-EXL with Air Seychelles :ok:

xluk
1st May 2008, 16:23
tcd flights from cwl and gla to sfb is to be operated by a french reg XL France A330 200 operated by XLuk crew, the reason B762 is operating LGW to SFB is B763 maintanence has over run all upgraded pax have been or will be given full upgrade refund, not ideal by any means but XL couldnt find other carrier to operate this route for 18 days.