PDA

View Full Version : Punchestown 2008

Jimbo1
25th Apr 2008, 07:53
Anybody flying in this year? Whats it like?

500 Fan
25th Apr 2008, 09:37
Not flying there but heard there are less machines in attendance. Forty this year versus about seventy in 2007.

tinyjohnston
25th Apr 2008, 22:10
Great flying this year.....

ATC worked well & hats off to them for keeping everything moving.....

Allot of action all at the same time as is the nature of the business down there. I saw helis with high 50's and even 60's i think so not sure how many were registered in the end....

No shortage of eye candy (Heli's & Chicks)

But M-ERIT wins the prize by a long way!!!!

Anyone know who the photographers in Area Alpha & Bravo were today (friday) or where the pictures will be posted?? Would like a few snaps of the heli on the way in & out......

Tiny

funfinn2000
27th Apr 2008, 09:46
Tiny I know who you are , orange orange 4.

The gig was ran very well and there was no abnomal holding times, new ops crew done a great job for their first time out.

Pity the passengers don't stick to their plans.

I hear the IAA are checking for English proficiency now in your licence.

Dublin ATC where fantastic during the event and very patient. Baldonnel were fantastic as always.

orange,purple,white

1helicopterppl
27th Apr 2008, 23:44
I was taking pics Thurs (better weather) & Fri (bit dark), if you are after anything specific letme know otherwise I can compile CD.

[email protected]

griffothefog
28th Apr 2008, 02:51
Graeme, how about keeping with recently shown spirit on this site and posting some of your pics for all PPRUNERS to share? :D
I'm sure they are top rate photo's :ok:

1helicopterppl
30th Apr 2008, 09:37
Punchestown highlights from Thurs & Fri (dull) can be found;

graemelovell.fotopic.net

Joe McDermott
9th Jul 2008, 10:35
A bit belated, but photos of many of the copters are at :

WorldAirPics.com : punchestown joe mcdermott 2008 (http://www.worldairpics.com/results.php?page=1&ft=yes&q=punchestown+joe+mcdermott+2008)

HeliOps this year was ogranised by Aviation Events Management.

Regards,

Joe