PDA

View Full Version : Eva Air pilots

mmisic
25th Apr 2008, 07:01
Hi,

Is there anyone from Eva Air?

I am going to send application so wondering what can I expect?

Thanks

cosmiccomet
25th Apr 2008, 10:58
You are wasting your time, EVA/CAL are not hiring expats at this moment.
You can read several post about EVA/CAL, nothing change, no salary increase, no T$C improvements.

flycold
29th Apr 2008, 16:05
is that true they stop hiring at this moment?

give some updated news, thanks!

Flying Mechanic
29th Apr 2008, 21:09
the down turn in cargo means the thye r ok for pilots, theres now too many MD11 pilots, so they transfering them to other fleets.If i was you apply, as things can change rapidly...ie flights to China will see things pick up!

flycold
30th Apr 2008, 09:11
Thanks a million Flying Mechanic always :ok:

by the way, why they need 12 photos for screening? :)

willieaviator
30th Apr 2008, 11:13
I don't know what kind of experience you guys have applying Eva. If you are looking for experiences in jet, especially in wide body. Go right ahead, you might be able going to better places after few years in an international airlines with jet experience.
But, if you are already an experience jet pilots, you should consider better places.

Barney Rock
30th Apr 2008, 19:43
Just remember that Taiwan is not an ICAO contracted sovereign state. As such the jet rating you get if only endorsed on a Taiwanese licence will not be any good to you later unless you then do a conversion course. However if the aviation authority in your home country have formal diplomatic relation with Taiwan, then it may endorse your original license with the jet rating.

pilot5
1st May 2008, 00:56
But what are the realistic minimums you need before there will call you for interview (for F/o)?

EL CAPITAN
2nd May 2008, 16:46
Just remember that Taiwan is not an ICAO contracted sovereign state. As such the jet rating you get if only endorsed on a Taiwanese licence will not be any good to you later unless you then do a conversion course. >>>>>>>>>>THIS IS TRUE BUT ALL THE GUYS WHO JUST LEFT EVA FOR KAL WERE ASKED ONLY FOR THEIR TAIWANESE LICENSE AND NOT THE ONE FROM THEIR HOME COUNTRIES. MD11, 747, 777 AND A330 FLIGHT TIME COUNTS EVERYWHERE AND ALL THE BIG AIRLINES IN THE NEED FOR PILOTS KNOW THIS.HOPE THIS HELPS.....THE CAPT:ok:

BUSTRASH
4th May 2008, 03:17
No expats for China Airlines. I believe Eva still takes them. The funny thing is they both still post hiring in their websites.