PDA

View Full Version : Perpetuating the Modular vs. Integrated Argument....

rriisshhii
24th Apr 2008, 13:36
I recently attended the "flyer exhibition" at heathrow renaissance hotel, with the same hopes as others there - to find out the best options for training to be a pilot. After the show, I had finalised my 4 options to applying for CCAT, Oxford, CTC and FTE, what I saw to be the 4 best schools in terms of job prospects and training etc. I admit I may have been drawn in by expert marketing schemes, and after telling a friend who has trained for his CPL, my four choices, he hit the roof, and told me i had indeed been sucked in by marketing.
I have read a fair bit of the debate on pprune, but I am still at a loss concerning the job prospects associated with modular and integrated courses. I would like to know if anyone who has done a modular course has had difficulty in getting a job, and been prejudiced towards, and considered themselves second best in job interviews etc. to integrated graduates. And im sure i speak for others hear too, i would like to hear from someone who has completed a modular course and been offered a job!
thanks
rriisshhii

HappyFran
24th Apr 2008, 14:14
No disrespect rriishhii but throwing mutton in the bear pit is not a pretty sight.

Moderators please remove before we disappear enraged and very dismayed due to highly charged ill conceived opinions flooding an otherwise very useful and informative forum.

There is enough other repetitions running concurrently anyway :=:=

99jolegg
24th Apr 2008, 14:35
rriisshhii,

Choose what is right for you.

- Do your research into each school, pass rates, location, atmosphere, job opportunities etc etc.

- Research financial options and find the option that most suits your budget.

- Visit each school that you have short listed.

- Decide whether logistically, you can "afford" (not in the monetary sense) to go modular or integrated. For example, do you want a school close by to home, do you want to live at home through training, do you want to travel to do your training etc etc.

Once you have gone through those, you should have a school you particularly like and a route you want to go down with that school.

There really is no more to it than that, despite the "modular is best" or "integrated is best" crowd.

planecrazy.eu
24th Apr 2008, 14:42
Its funny how year after year the same things are asked following such a show, and just asked again and again and again...

There are hundreds of posts on here spread over several threads, all discussing this so called "issue"

For every 1 person who says integrated is the best, you can find 1 person who says modular is.

My opinion is, it doesnt matter as long as your pretty consistant...

By that i mean, dont do 10 hours there, 10 hours here and then another 10 hours another place, and keep swapping and changing.

Most flight schools are pretty equal, some charge more, some charge less.. Some offer more, some offer less, just do the research as said above...

Sure there will be marketing and sales patter at Flyer, what do you expect?

Walk into comet and they bug you to sell to you, but they are selling the same as Dixons, Currys, etc...

Same with say, FTE, they are going to try win you and say they are better than OAT, CAT.

Read the material they provide, then try and match it up to the various threads on the forum. For all the providers at Flyer there is at least one thread with multiple posts, there are some with multiple threads.

If you ponder too much, you'll miss out... Pick one, run with it...