PDA

View Full Version : JuneYao Airlines - Shanghai, China

josewoodward
24th Apr 2008, 03:23
I have an Interview with this airline on May 12th can anyone give me any info on this company or the Interview process? Is this a good company to work for? What Kind of schedule can I expect?

Bri85
24th Apr 2008, 04:43
Thats kinda risky, applying to an airline you dont have much info on... esp. in china...
:=

josewoodward
25th Apr 2008, 00:07
Thanks
for the Info

hsubear99
25th Apr 2008, 14:12
I was wondering are they looking for fo's?????

SKYHAWKER
25th Apr 2008, 15:43
Does anyone know how much is the net pay after tax?

SKYHAWKER
26th Apr 2008, 01:59
I've read the TC's but it does not indicate that the $14,000.00 US is tax free. Could anyone elaborate further on this?

boeingbusbenn
26th Apr 2008, 03:56
There are two ways to claim a huge exemption (about $90,000 p.a.) on your US taxes. You must either:

1. Be out of the country for at least 330 days in any 12 month period (if you meet this requirement, you have an open and shut case for the exemption).

2. Have an "established residence" in another country. This is a little bit of a gray area, and I get the sense that the IRS might fight you on this if they don't buy your story that you really live overseas but you spend 3 months a year in the USA.

I hope this helps!

SKYHAWKER
26th Apr 2008, 04:16
Thanks man. You hit it right in the middle.:)

squidward
26th Apr 2008, 05:31
Nope, their not looking for FO's. Captains only.

I spoke directly with them on Friday.

CAPT_VMO/MMO
26th Apr 2008, 18:16
Got one too!!! Got the letter of Invite but no ticketss yet!!! Small airline. But I did talk to a recruiter DPI she said they were fine.

dingo222
26th Apr 2008, 19:17
this place have a website? I cant seem to find it. thanks

mingalababya
27th Apr 2008, 03:50
this place have a website? I cant seem to find it. thanks

Here you go;

http://www.juneyaoairlines.com/index.jsp

oz in dxb
27th Apr 2008, 03:53
When an airline uses yahoo for their email address............

Blueair
28th Apr 2008, 22:14
It does a risk to apply a job through such kind non-company email address....

bear11
29th Apr 2008, 17:13
Why are you recommending a Chinese agent for an airline job in China? Fair enough if you are going through them and everything has been fine so far, but what do you seriously think will happen if, God forbid, the sh*t ever hits the fan, who will the agency side with? To put it another way, would you, for example, recommend an Indian agency supplying an Indian airline?

And where are you coming from with the 14,000 USD? How many line Captains on contract on A320 are earning 14,000 net? Be specific - it's probably for 100 hours per month with no overtime, also includes an accomodation allowance and per diem. How much does your accomodation cost you if you have to pay for it yourself, what are your monthly expenses out of your salary?

Rather than trying to make it (and you) sound good, try some specifics in order to assist your fellow pilots who may have an interest in a Chinese contract.

capt-Purple
30th Apr 2008, 19:03
Juneyao Hmm!

Well prepare to be in China doing nothing for some months before seeing the line.

It took about two months just for them to schedule the Atp written, medical, english exam then some weeks later to get the results, if you have about three months to waist then sure have at it.

medical can be a nightmare.

If you end up getting the 14k as advertised, then good on you, but I suspect you are going to have to jump through many hoops before you see it.

good luck

SamAustralia
1st May 2008, 08:33
What are the requirements for FO?Just to have an idea,as I dont have the qualification yet...

powerstall
26th Jun 2008, 04:50
tried to log on to the site.... a ton of question marks came up on-screen... got some pictures up and a lot more of the question marks... :ok:

ltjng
27th Jun 2008, 05:30
USD14K/mth just sounds too good....honestly I haven't heard any package close to this yet in China.

Since Juneyao is the major shareholder of Okay Airways, I am wondering why they pay so much more than Okay (around USD8.5K, no commuting, standard schedule).

SamAustralia, airlines in China are not hiring expat FOs as they have tonnes of FOs siting on the ground at the moment. A few exceptions there though.

VRSCSE2
27th Jun 2008, 11:39
Itjng.....

You must not be listening very well. If you do not believe...your loss.

vrsc

galileo66
7th May 2015, 14:23
Hello partners. I will go to an interview very soon in Juneyao. Any important info related to the process updated.

rak
26th May 2015, 15:06
Any new info on June Yao. I am looking at a commuting contract with them and am trying to get word from any one who is working there or at least interviewed with them.

Thanks.

wombat55
28th May 2015, 19:39
Why not try Spring Airlines. A much better Airline to work for in Shanghai.