PDA

View Full Version : Hostile environment

Marcelino
23rd Apr 2008, 20:19
I would like to know if anyone knows where to find work as hostile territories civilian pilot, I am concerned, if someone knows information but really, thanks

Revolutionary
23rd Apr 2008, 22:55
Marcelino, you may have to clarify what you mean by hostile territories before anyone can take a stab at answering your question. Do you mean something like Alaska or something like Iraq?

Gordy
23rd Apr 2008, 23:00
Ha---you beat me to it---I have just spent two months in the South East:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/helokat/LaFonda/j11.jpg

SASless
24th Apr 2008, 00:43
Banjo music....is that my Fair Whirls scaring the tourists again in Bishop Bonner land?

Whirlygig
24th Apr 2008, 06:19
I was just waiting for that Sassy Dahling!! :D

Cheers

Whirls

Flying Lawyer
24th Apr 2008, 11:18
Marcelino I would like to know if anyone knows where to find work as hostile territories civilian pilot

Like others, I don't know if you mean hostile locals trying to shoot you out of the sky or hostile terrain (or both).
However, I do recall you recently posted that you got your licence (R22 and R44) only seven months ago.
FWIW, I can't help wonder if there's a risk that flying in 'hostile territory' of either sort at this stage could mean your hours building coming to an abrupt end - possibly terminally. Maybe just a little too ambitious for the moment? ;)

BTW, the Missionary Aviation Fellowship www.maf.org (http://www.maf.org) recruits pilots to fly in challenging terrain in several parts of the world but, so far as I'm aware, they recruit only very experienced pilots.

FL

topendtorque
25th Apr 2008, 13:19
Marcelino
sounds like you got all the answers that you need,
without any hostility,
especially if you carry a bible.

helicopters are usually more fragile than hostile
right up to the big mothers.
tet

Marcelino
25th Apr 2008, 13:56
I am asking for Iraq territories for example, I Know pilots that are in Iraq working with a R22 for example is that what I want

MINself
25th Apr 2008, 14:18
I never thought I'd ever hear I would like to know if anyone knows where to find work as hostile territories civilian pilot and I Know pilots that are in Iraq working with a R22 for example is that what I want in the same context :D

Tell me Marcelino do you write your own stuff? Because if you do, please keep it coming as I haven't laughed so hard in a long time :D

Seriously though.. is that what I want?.. I suggest not.

swamp_dwarf
25th Apr 2008, 14:41
Sign up with the major companies in West-Africa...you will get all the howling fun in the world. :E

206Fan
25th Apr 2008, 16:19
Wont be long before senior pilot has this topic closed aswel :E

Wings Of Fury
25th Apr 2008, 16:26
I think Marcelino was saying, that is what he wants. English may not be his first language.
So if that is what someone wants, that IS what they want!

Some people do like this type of work you know, so if its not your cup of tea, butt out!
And there is only one way to find out if this sort of work is for you.:ok:

As a famous quote: Do what you will, this world's a fiction and is made up of contradiction.
-William Blake

Hey swamp_dwarf,

Is there much fixed wing work there?, any type from C206 to heavy jet?

stacey_s
25th Apr 2008, 18:06
www.adaviation.com

swamp_dwarf
25th Apr 2008, 18:25
Hey "Wings of Fury", there is plenty of work - anywhere from Beech 1900s to 737s and so forth. Check "Overland", "Arik", "ACN", etc...:ok:

Wings Of Fury
26th Apr 2008, 10:19
Thanks swamp_dwarf,

I may need an escape route, and I can fly those two as well :)
I don't suppose there is any jobs on the faster type jets are there? :eek:

Heliringer
26th Apr 2008, 11:07
Marcelino, What do you think you would be doing in an R22 over Baghdad, traffic reports?
Good contacts for you in Iraq: Try Terry Wrist and another fellow Alan known as AL Kaida, I don't have a number for them but just ask around and I'm sure you'll be looked after.:ok:

swamp_dwarf
26th Apr 2008, 13:04
"Wings of Fury"

There is work on the heavies as well. I hear all kinds of accents on the radios these days. Give it a try. Did I mention "Virgin Nigeria" as well?:ok:

flyingaway
26th Apr 2008, 18:15
ACS/Norse Air, USAID, Afghanistan, 212 copilots

BlenderPilot
27th Apr 2008, 02:16
Marcelino is a recently qualified helicopter pilot who like many others seems to have realised rather too late that a CPL, R22 rating and 200 hours does not make a pilot instantly employable.

Here we go . . . . Marcelino . . . Vasco . . . . Gallego?

Maybe I Can Help.