PDA

View Full Version : MCC on B737 (European)

Airless7183
23rd Apr 2008, 09:27
Just letting all you guys know that if you are approaching the time to start your MCC a really good place to go is European Aviation in Bournemouth. They offer the whole course for around 2500 which is great for a full motion 737.

The professional atmosphere at the training center is something that i noticed and was impressed with how they treat the students. If your interested their phone number is 01202581111.

Has anyone else been there and if so what have your experiences been like?

wbryce
23rd Apr 2008, 10:19
I finished my MCC at European last week and would second the above. Very enjoyable experience. We got use of the simulator without motion after hours, I don't think any where else allows this. For 2.4k its great value for money.

supramkiv
23rd Apr 2008, 13:29
I did my MCC there last year on the Tristar (RIP) :{ and echo the above, greatly structured course, good fun and lots of free motion off hours. Flew their 732 for sim prep and once you can handle that then most sim checks are a breeze!

Airless7183
24th Apr 2008, 10:41
hope you are right about the sim check being a breeze. i got my first one tomorrow

supramkiv
24th Apr 2008, 18:00
Good luck tomorrow! The point I was trying to make is that the 732 features very little automation and quite a prominent power/pitch coupling so if you can master a sim that is difficult to fly you should cope well with a more modern equivalent.

G SXTY
25th Apr 2008, 14:03
And another very satisfied customer. :ok:

Top class instruction (with some excellent advice on life, relationships and longhaul lifestyles from TD). The 732 is an excellent sim - no glass anywhere in sight, no FMS and just a very basic autopilot, so it really sharpens up your instrument skills. Not forgetting that EAC are a 732 operator, so you'll be using genuine and current sops.

Their offer to let students use the sims whenever they're free is genuine, and on my course we managed almost double the quoted 20 hours sim time - at no extra cost.

A very friendly and professional outfit.

SAA
25th Apr 2008, 15:33
Anyone know of a good place to stay in the area for the 8days?

Thanks
SAA

sparks-flying
25th Apr 2008, 17:27
Yes, I do!! I will look up the details and PM them to you. It's 10 min drive away, £20 per night with breakfast inc. all rooms en-suite. Also near to beach!!

SF

SAA
25th Apr 2008, 17:44
Nice One Thanks:ok: