PDA

View Full Version : Exam's in UK / Flight Training at Sadadell - Can it work?

187nj
23rd Apr 2008, 08:41
Hi all.

I start a new job in Barcelona on Monday.

Always wanted a PPL so started learning to fly in October so far due to the British weather I've only done 7 hours but I've managed to pass AV Law, Meterology, Human Factors and I have a Class 2.

Obviously want to finish the licence so called a few schools at Sabadell, Barcelona. Spoke to a guy that said my exams don't count in spain (he was very vague).

Just wondering, can I sit my exams in the UK, training in Spain and do the checkride in the UK which would mean the licence gets issued in the UK.

Do I need Spanish air law to fly solo in Spain or what? Could I fly solo in the UK, do all my dual instruction in Spain??

Ahhhhh, I'm confused - I just want to fly!!

Please help, if you can...

jerezflyer
26th Apr 2008, 19:23
According to the JAR, the theoretical knowledge exams leading to the issue of a PPL, CPL or ATPL LICENCE must be done in the same JAA state as your flight training. However, ratings can be done in any JAA state, such as the IR, ME or FI, regardless wher you do you theory.
I did my PPL in Spain, and I currently enrolled on the ATPL theory in the UK distance course. Although I will eventaully have to do the CPL flight training in UK, the IR, ME and FI I can do in Spain, as they are ratings.
Hope this helps....