PDA

View Full Version : Servisair loose massive contract at LHR

LGWFLYR
22nd Apr 2008, 23:23
Its official ... Servisair has lost the Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian and Croatian airlines contract to Menzies Aviation.

Servisair (and before that Globeground, Lufthansa ground services etc) have held the contract for years and years.

Lots of very very concerned and unhappy people, many former LH employees.

I hope nobody looses their jobs and Servisair dont screw them around

niknak
22nd Apr 2008, 23:42
I've been in aviation for nearly 30 years and as far as handling agencies are concerned, Servisair have been the most inept organisation I have ever come across.

As you say, I hope that the majority of staff (sans management!) are able to transfer across.

LGWFLYR
22nd Apr 2008, 23:52
I agree and I think most other people would too. When you think Servisair you generally associate this to bad handling (I admit not everywhere!!) but time and time again it seems to be the people at the top of the ladder who simply should not be there.

Servisair do have some very talented and hard working people its a shame they are let down by such poor management.

From what I hear Servisair made a piss poor attempt at keeping the contract (excuse my language).

Hopefully the staff at LHR will go onto better employment and hopefully better management!!!!

Jes
23rd Apr 2008, 05:06
I didn't know it was tied up.

ETOPS
23rd Apr 2008, 07:45
I didn't know it was tied up.

Beat me to it Jes

LGWFLYR

Before even more pedants pile in, it's "lose" not "loose" :ok:

DispExt
23rd Apr 2008, 18:58
drum out any enthusiasm or passion people have about working in an airport

boeingbus2002
25th Apr 2008, 22:48
So what is the alternative like to work for then? Anyone from Menzies care to give some idea of how good/bad they feel it is?
There will be transfers however most would want to ensure they don't take a pay cut.

boeingbus2002
1st May 2008, 12:35
Wow so many people jumping in support of Menzies! Are they really that bad?? (As an employer?!!)
:E

G-STAW
6th May 2008, 17:31
hi, i work for servisair at MAN and i can tell you this is not the case, we'r a good handling agent (here up north, anyway...)

Albeit, there are some who dont give a flying hahuter about the companies representation, and yes, some do mess about, but 99.9% of us do do a great job.

I have to agree Menzies have got their acted together of the past few months, and are prodiving very good service, hence the new contracts....

G-STAW

boeingbus2002
11th May 2008, 18:16
I mean what are Menzies like as a company?!!
Ive heard they operate a "pay for your errors" basis, which surely cannot be good for flight safety! (Cover up errors/damage to avoid your pay being docked).
Any Menzies staff care to enlighten? Servisair management have a reputation, but staff do pull together I think.

aex
14th May 2008, 10:49
Weren't Servisair just handling pax and supervising ramp for Lufthansa and Swiss (Aviance did the ramp), while Croatian and Austrian used Servisair for full handling? Is that right?

G-STAW
14th May 2008, 17:00
theres a strong rumor going round at MAN, that Thomas Cook is leaving menzies for Servisair, they had a very bad weekend last week, theres people being told to sign off stuff they shouldnt be......

we'll see.....

G-STAW