PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: CTC ????

Gwaihir
22nd Apr 2008, 16:10
Hi,
I'm thinking about applying this year to CTC. My cousin is about to complete the course, and he told me briefly about a student who insulted the CTC director in New Zealand on facebook :ugh:, and got everyone on the course suspended from flying as a result :eek:. Is this true? They sound really strict and i'm wondering about heading elsewhere for my training. :confused:

Could anyone who knows tell me if this is true and if so are they always this harsh to students? :uhoh:

Many thanks in advance

G :ok:

99jolegg
22nd Apr 2008, 16:17
It sounds a bit far fetched. Having said that, it doesn't sound like a particularly bright thing to do in the first place :rolleyes:

fly.NZ
23rd Apr 2008, 08:54
There was a massive incident as some immature people on CP44 did some stupid things on facebook

187nj
23rd Apr 2008, 09:03
what a bunch of idiots.... mummy and daddy give them the 60k for the course and the cock it up! Typical!

fly.NZ
23rd Apr 2008, 09:38
:=we dont all sponge off our parents. i owe hSBC about £90k

FLEX/MCT
23rd Apr 2008, 10:28
Hi,

Just to clear things up here, the people involved were disciplined accordingly. The statement that everyone on the course got suspended from flying is categorically NOT true.

Gwaihir I would certainly not allow this to affect your choice of flying school.

F/M

Gar
23rd Apr 2008, 10:43
So who's going to spill the story then? :hmm:

Gwaihir
23rd Apr 2008, 11:30
Thanks F/M, it's reassuring to hear that not everybody got taken down. What a bunch of idiots though :ugh: Does anyone know what happened to them?

Gwaihir
23rd Apr 2008, 18:40
God this guy sounds like a d-bag! What a loser! Way to go, write stuff about the director to impress people. :D Thats good to know, although I think i'l be able to refrain from damaging the reputation of CTC in order to try and make friends, I think you'd have to be a spazz to do that and a spineless coward to not own up. :ugh:

So what happened to this stupid fool then? Surely he got kicked out right?

Lucia_A380
23rd Apr 2008, 21:31
Seems to be true...they´re really strict,also for choosing the cadet,I mean CTC UK,as for in NZ,really don´t know...
but anyway it´s not bad if you dash on a harsh way,much harder,then much better for the professional and career,it´s my own view.

FLEX/MCT
23rd Apr 2008, 22:17
Wow Thrillseeker, you beat me to it!

fly.NZ, thats a nice story, have you considered adapting it to the stage?

p.s. I was there too!

Gwaihir
24th Apr 2008, 11:16
Seeing as this guy has posted a load of nonsense, can anybody set the record straight? What actually happened?

CitiflyerMan
24th Apr 2008, 13:19
My my it's all kicking off here isn't it? Anyway that was a long time ago wasn't it? Anyway....about CTC.

With easyJet being 200 pilots OVER crewed and not even FlyBE taking low houred cadets what's the score with CTC? I doubt there is much confidence amongst the current easyJet probationers that they'll get kept on? Not like it was about a year ago?

Do tell!

CFM.

Gwaihir
24th Apr 2008, 14:51
Citiflyerman, were you there as well?! How do you know how long ago it was? Did you hear about it too? Could someone who was there please explain to me what happened with this facebook stuff, as this is a big story and this is supposed to be a rumour network

FM?
Fly nz?

Cheers

BerksFlyer
24th Apr 2008, 16:00
Does it really matter?

Gwaihir, I doubt whatever happened would affect the training you would recieve from CTC so I don't see why it's such a big deal.

With regards to it being strict because they grounded everyone, maybe a bit heavy handed, but then again it stopped the culprit from flying when he needed to be punished. I can't imagine that FTOs expect to be dealing with such childish behaviour, so of course they aren't going to be experts on dealing with people like this

There are nobs everywhere you go, don't let it stop you from training somewhere!

pre3mhjt
24th Apr 2008, 16:46
Haven't posted for a while but this thread has annoyed me sufficiently to come out of hiding.

Gwaihir, The matter was dealt with internally and is now considered by the cadets and the management as a closed matter; with all involved (quite rightly) continuing their training after taking full responsibility for their actions. As for your original question concerning the course and the company, CTC will do for you exactly what it says on the tin as long as you are prepared to work hard and apply yourself fully to the course. If you have any other more specific questions (about the course only) feel free to PM me.

Fly.NZ, I suggest you wind your neck in and refrain from posting further slights on fellow cadets in such an open forum, you know full well we have our own much more private (and much less anonymous) area in which you should feel free to continue this debate if you dare.

Pre3

Gwaihir
24th Apr 2008, 17:10
Thanks guys. I'm not going to let this stop me from trying for CTC, as someone wisely said earlier there are a lot of nobs out there! What's the social aspect like? It sounds a little bitchy after reading this thread, and also what's the deal with easyjet? sounds like all the jobs have dried up :confused:

pre3mhjt
24th Apr 2008, 17:40
Social side is excellent mate; you’ll struggle not to make friends for life. As stated above though, there are definitely the good, the bad, and in Thrillseeker's case, the ugly! But that’s the same everywhere. Good Luck

Gwaihir
24th Apr 2008, 17:52
Cheers thrillseeker. :ok: Good to hear there's some healthy banter, my couz said as much - makes for a great learning environment imo

flynz sounds like a bit of a :mad:stirrer, but I suppose I did ask what happened with this peculiar facebook incident. I'll have to wait and ask my cousin if I want to find out I guess. You guys must know him I'll ask him, who r u all?

Also what's living in New Zealand like? Im told its awesome but I want a spread of opinions. The only thing was it sounded a bit strict with going out??

fly.NZ
24th Apr 2008, 18:24
sorry if i have offended anyone with my posts. i got to Hamilton immediately after this storm had just blown up, so may have been misled with regards to some of the facts.

yes, it has all been dealt with, which is a good thing. however, i only bought this up in order to reassure gawrhih that CTC isnt as bad as some of the rumours suggest.

however, it isnt hard to guess what the majority of cadets views are on the person who did these things. its a shame he hasnt come on here to defend his actions.

no matter what has gone on, and what can go on at times. id still reccomend CTC to you gwarhih. The social side is good and the training is second to none. Just be aware of the financial burden that you will be facing. From what I hear, it is not nice finishing the course and being unable to find a job to make the repayments (as many people on here will know)

THRILLSEEKER
24th Apr 2008, 19:13
Dont believe ANYTHING pre3mhjt says.... its all tosh :p

Its sometimes thought that good things come in small packages but in the case of pre3mhjt It's very debatable :uhoh:

However as said, the banter is good, the flying is good (if not always continuous), you'll undoubtably make friends for life and 99.9% of the time..... Life is good :ok:

Gwaihir
27th Apr 2008, 14:11
I've decided to go for it! :cool: What sort of questions do you get asked at screening? I heard somewhere that it was really hard to get accepted 3 or 4 years ago but lately its much easier and now 10% applicants are successful - that still sounds pretty formidable to me!!

Oh and I emailed my cousin regarding the facebook thing, everybody on here was right, the situation was resolved and the only person punished was the nob who did it, after he eventually owned up after everyone was threatened with suspension! I think the CTC only did that to get him to confess, it sounds as if on the whole they are very fair. Also they have 'clipped his wings' so to speak by cancelling a job with easyjet, after he paid £20,000 for the privilege, so it was a very costly little stunt indeed. :ugh: :{ :ugh:

BUT, according to my cousin not everyone is like him or indeed likes him, he said he was a real oddball and a bit of a loser and an outcast especially since this happened, and everyone there is always taking the piss out of him behind his back because he is an ali g wannabe as well! :rolleyes: lol

I'm not going to post his name as I believe that is unfair as he's not likely to be here to defend himself, and it doesnt really matter anyway, as FM/Citiflyer/thrillseeker says, but for their benefit and amusement as they probably know him his initials are :mad:

superjet777
27th Apr 2008, 18:08
Gwaihir,

Sounds like you could be the next Facebookgate 'legend' with continual slanderous posts like that. How's about you let what's happened lie and concentrate on your application?

SJ777

Tamesy1
27th Apr 2008, 18:19
I heard somewhere that it was really hard to get accepted 3 or 4 years ago but lately its much easier and now 10% applicants are successful - that still sounds pretty formidable to me!!

May I ask where you heard this??

THRILLSEEKER
27th Apr 2008, 22:35
Gwaihir congratulations you have just pust yourself in the same league as fly.NZ :D

ffs, what right to do you have to post such slanderous comments about someone you do not know? You've never met, spoken to or even been in the same room as this person...all you are going on is what your cousin is saying. Once again, I think you need to get your facts right because what you are spouting (like fly.nz was) is utter :mad:

The FB saga is over, end of, R.I.P... **** stirrers have no place in aviation

I do not know you, and I woud never write anything on a message board about you, however one thing I do know from the message you have posted... I hope I never have to work with you :(

PAJ
27th Apr 2008, 23:00
I couldn't agree more...let the bloody thing rest. You are not in yet by any means mate so I have no idea how this affects you. We really do not need gossips out here. I know those involved and they are all really nice guys - I'm not going to defend a moment of stupidity but don't slander someone you don't know about something you know nothing about.

THRILLSEEKER
28th Apr 2008, 07:55
Gwaihir... just out of curiosity who is your cousin?

Im sure that you will have no problem in disclosing this information, after all, he is telling the truth right?

PM me if you need

Thrillseeker

one post only!
28th Apr 2008, 08:58
Going back to the post from the first page but I wouldn't worry about EZY stopping taking people on. We are not overcrewed by 200 pilots, we are overcrewed by approx 200 flight crew. CC and FD. Will be a downturn in recruitment but we are still taking a lot of new aircraft on and need people to fly them so I think the CTC route should be fairly safe. This is only my opinion though!!

P.S you should have heard some of the things that went on while we were out there!!!!!!

fly.NZ
28th Apr 2008, 10:50
gwarhiri, why did you censor his initials.....i guess it doenst really matter. we all know who this guy is, and its not hard to guess what most people at CTC think of him.........same goes for pretty much everyone in aviation recruitment.

Gwaihir
28th Apr 2008, 13:18
Thanks for the info one post only. Is this confirmed? I guess in the current climate there are a lot of rumours being passed around and I have certainly learnt that much.

With regards to the rest, firstly it would be libel not slander. And its not libel as I plead fair comment, based on what I was told. However I do accept that I went too far. Thrillseeker, you seem to have taken this very personally ;) and I apologise for going too far, as you requested in the PM the initials have been removed. Could Pre3 please refrain from sending me abhorrent PMs please, there's nothing lamer than an internet hardman. I know your just sticking up for your buddy but please stop stalking me.

Anyway, in summary, I apologise to anyone I may have offended or annoyed, but I posted what I was told in good faith, albeit recklessly. For the record I feel sorry for the chap, and as someone said my priority and attention should be centred on my own application. Thrillseeker it saddens me that you wouldn't want to be my colleague in the future, you come across as being heavily committed to aviation and I respect that enormously. I admit I'm a rookie in this game and am just trying to find my way.

I don't want to compromise my cousin's own position by revealing his name, even though I am sure what he says is true. I've learnt my lesson from all this, doing it to a stranger was bad enough, but to a family member would be unforgivable. I'm no Judas :=

THRILLSEEKER
28th Apr 2008, 13:57
[Quote] Gwaihir

Thrillseeker, you seem to have taken this very personally ;) and I apologise for going too far, as you requested in the PM the initials have been removed.

I am not taking it at all personally, I know the individual involved and I know the truth. I do not like to see derogatory comments about this person, especially from somone who does not know him.

For the record, it is not I.

Also, I think you will find that I have never sent you a PM, but thank you for listening to whoever suggested that.

Thrillseeker

fly.NZ
28th Apr 2008, 17:27
@ gwarhiri : its very amusing that at least 3 people on here have taken any of the points made very seriously

this is because they are all alter-egos of the guy who made the original facebook page

just read the posts and make up your own mind.

i can also list other profiles that belong to this pr!ck.....in some cases he actually has had conversations with himself on this site.

its a real shame that instead of being a schizophrenic freak, the guy hasnt had the bollocks to just come on here and say that he has done a stupid thing and that he has taken responsbility for it.......eventually.

THRILLSEEKER
28th Apr 2008, 17:43
fly.NZ

You really are doing yourself and CTC no favours :ugh:

If you think that I am an alter-ego, you are gravely mistaken. Check any of my previous posts against any of the other people that have posted here and you will see that.

If you want PM me, we can exchange numbers and have a chat over the phone.

Again, what :mad:' right do you have to be slagging off another CTC cadet that you dont even know. Im sure that WN would be very interested in what you are saying about another cadet.

I challenge you to call me, I'd love to know who you are. I have nothing to hide.

Thrillseeker

Gwaihir
28th Apr 2008, 17:58
Firstly its Gwaihir, and yes I did find it a little strange. People talking to themselves on the internet is very sad, but i'm staying out of this, I don't want to get my head bitten off again

fly.NZ
28th Apr 2008, 18:47
fanofcheapthrills : when did i say that you were the guy?

you seem to be getting very defensive here?

i wonder why?

you are just some internet hardman. so dont think that you scare me.

and as for me giving you my phone number, dont make me laugh. i dont wanna hear you stuttering and mispronouncing words on the phone as you back track.............

its a real shame that the guy who did this carries on the charade that all the posters on here are his "friends"..........its pretty weird that the guy hasnt had the bollocks to stand up and be honest......exact same thing goes for when he did the facebook page ; refusing to own up until others had to remind him of what they could lose if he didnt grow some balls.

i wonder how many of his other personas will come out of the woodwork to deny that he has multiple personalities ie: he is a mental-case

Gwaihir
28th Apr 2008, 19:12
giggle

I believe the term is pwned

THRILLSEEKER
28th Apr 2008, 19:31
fly.NZ

You do make me laugh. Personally I hope someday we do meet face to face, I am no internet hardman and I have nothing to hide.

I am not going to reply any further to this thread, I have nothing else to say to someone that spouts ****. I wish you well with your career I'm sure with your attitude you'll go far. :rolleyes:

Gwaihir
28th Apr 2008, 20:57
You're no internet hardman yet you're saying you want to meet fly.nz face to face??? :rolleyes:

Your pompous judgemental and arrogant posts under your various pseudonyms will not be missed :ok:

Whats so great about your career? From what I heard you screwed that up by showing off trying to impress people :rolleyes:

:ugh: :ooh:

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Apr 2008, 23:00
And with that I think we will bring this thread to a close.