PDA

View Full Version : Starting in June.. PPL + HOURS .. OBA/OFT/NAPLES

Duffer2007
21st Apr 2008, 18:08
Hi everyone,

My most important question to date as time is ticking and i hope to start in June,

I have done much research and have narrowed it down to 3 schools in florida and one in europe to do my jaa ppl and hours builing to 100 hours:

1: OBA
2: OFT
3: Naples Air Centre
4: Egnatia Aviation, Greece.

At the moment i am mostly drawn towards OBA... can anyone tell me about any of the other schools i've mentioned and not to do a search on them.. I want to go to oba as it seems they will get the job done the quickest in about 10 weeks im hoping!

Also I was considering doing hour building by flying coast to coast (florida to san diego) or up the east coast ( florida to new york), does anyone know if this would be more expensive and which school would be best to do it with.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Please comment on any

bajadj
21st Apr 2008, 18:19
Ian, sorry I can't help you on your choice of schools, but I'm thinking of doing a florida to Las Vegas coast to coast hours build, so if you do end up doing the san diego trip I'd love to hear how you get on with it and any tips you may have.

Also if anyone has any eperience of g1000 eqippped 172's or warriors out in florida? I'm planning on doing my cpl/IR on the twinstar and think this could be a good way of getting to know the glass. I know sunstate have them..anyone else??

Duffer2007
21st Apr 2008, 19:09
bajadj

Ill be sure to post it up here as soon as i've started the trip, a couple of months away i might add but ill be sure to explain my experiences in detail!!

Ian

bajadj
21st Apr 2008, 19:16
thankyou sir, much appreciated.

SOTV
21st Apr 2008, 19:38
Duffer. It may have been mentioned many times but if you do not have the PPL exams already then please use the time from now until June to get as many under your belt as you can. It may seem an extra expense but you can concentrate on the flying and relax a bit in the evenings.

Good luck.

Duffer2007
21st Apr 2008, 19:52
SOTV

Ya good idea, im just trying to balance my college exms with it but i think overall it would really be worth even just studying for them here! Naples hour building looks brilliant, really considering them as number one now!
When you said you had friend that went to them did they have any major problems with them??

Do you think naples would charge you by the day or for the 5 hours minimum per day? how does it work? The quicker your back the less expensive???

Ian

SOTV
21st Apr 2008, 21:18
Do you think naples would charge you by the day or for the 5 hours minimum per day? how does it work? The quicker your back the less expensive???

They charge by the hour but the minimum charge of 5 a day applies. Please do not think of this as an endurance exercise. Enjoy it. Plan the weather, divert if the weather will stop you flying. Keep VFR and just go where the clouds ain't. You do not have to stick to the original flight plan. One step at a time.

:ok: