PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Exams; Glasgow or Shuttleworth?

dsandson
21st Apr 2008, 16:20
Hi folks!

I wonder if anybody could help me out. I'm Currently studying MOD 1 ATPL with Bristol, and I'm looking to organise for the refresher and exams.

I can find plenty of info on B&Bs around bristol. No issue there. Exam sites are a little more of a problem.

I'm considering Glasgow... are the exams at the Glasgow College of Nautical Studies? If so has anyone sat the exams there recently who can recomend accomodation nearby?

Now I'm also keeping my options open and considering Suttleworth. Any comments about that, or recomended B&Bs?

The reason I'm asking is that I have to plan to bring my car over from NI... and more importantly get back after the exams so I can go to work the next day! (woohoo :{)

On the flip side anybody recently traveled to cheddar without a car? was it still practical to get back and forth?

Any answers will be much appreciated!!

Dave

jono1978
21st Apr 2008, 17:09
Hi,

I am with Bristol too. I took my Mod 1 exams 2 weeks ago in Glasgow.
I stayed at the Premier in, directly opposite. It was Ģ60 per night but was a great location, you could leave your room 15 mins before the exam was due to start!

Was nice and quiet for revision. The only down side was the Internet was expensive, Ģ24 for 1 week! But looking back I didn't really need it that much for the QB as you get so much feedback on the brush up course, you won't have time to go on the QB.

I did notice the Holiday inn wasn't far from the college, about 3 mins walk so that might be an option, I didn't look at prices for that one, wasn't sure where it was in relation to the college but I may consider it for Mod 2

If you need any more info PM me if you want

John

wilky
21st Apr 2008, 20:02
I'm afraid Glasgow have pulled theirATPL exams..it is no more!!!!:ugh:

wilky
21st Apr 2008, 20:04
apologies they may still do exams, but ground school has stopped.

chrisbl
21st Apr 2008, 20:51
I did Shuttleworth and stayed in the Travelodge on the A1 about 6 miles away. Ģ19 a night.

dsandson
23rd Apr 2008, 17:50
Thanks for the help guys... it really is appreciated.

Now to go spend some money!!

Dave

heliporto
12th Dec 2008, 15:08
Hi there
If you go back to Cheddar try Wassels House, itīs the closest to Bristol Ground School, just a 4 minutes walk. Itīs runned by a nice couple, Simon and Lisa. Iīve just been there for module II. The email is: [email protected]

preduk
12th Dec 2008, 15:34
The nautical College is about 10-15mins walk from the city centre where there is loads of places to stay like the PremierInn, Euro Hostel etc.

Really easy place to get to.

heliporto
12th Dec 2008, 15:43
Accomodation at Cheddar
Hi there
If you go back to Cheddar try Wassels House, itīs the closest to Bristol Ground School, just a 4 minutes walk. Itīs runned by a nice couple, Simon and Lisa. Iīve just been there for module II. The email is: http://www.pprune.org/?emailimage=17b04bbb53e6fb9954a1fbb3c2e11855

MMEMatty
12th Dec 2008, 17:43
If you go to Shuttleworth, I can recommend "the Green Man Inn", its a pub/restaurant that also provide Bed and Breakfast.

Its brilliantly quiet, the staff and regulars are really friendly, the food is nice and the bar is warm and relaxing! The only downside is that they don't have WiFi, so you can't get onto bristol unless you have some sort of mobile broadband, although there are ways of getting around that, and i believe Shuttleworth college has WiFi.

Oh and its 5 minutes from the college, chock to chock!

(Edited to add the website!)

Green Man Stanford (http://www.greenmanstanford.co.uk/)