PDA

View Full Version : Yemen - Sanaa

traymat
21st Apr 2008, 13:56
Hi
I have to go to Yemen for a couple of days in May. Never been before, anyone have any helpfull advice? Searched the internet and it seems that no carrier does direct flights! Will depart from London area, hopefully in business. Not sure if I want to try Yemen Airlines, maybe I am wrong? Any advice appreciated.

Monkeytoo
21st Apr 2008, 21:07
Hi traymat I would suggest that you fly to Dubai and then take Emirates to Sanaa

up2high
1st May 2008, 20:38
Traymat. Yemen Airways has been in business for over 40 years with not one fatal accident. They have non stops out of Gatwick I think. Ive been on them numerous times. I have also taken Lufthansa from Franfurt to Sana. The plane will stop in Cairo or in Riyadh for 45 minutes or so. Emirates would be a 2 legger out of London through Dubai. Hope this helps. You going for a flying job?

kwachon
1st May 2008, 20:47
You may want to check with your insurance company first. In my case I was allowed to go but our aircraft insurance companyy did not allow it. Also check out who will handle your security. Not the best of places to go to, we were to bring back the body of a foreigner who had been kidnapped and murdered had the flight been allowed and we originate in Saudi Arabia!.

Take care.