PDA

View Full Version : Flt Lt K C Jones

Gericault
20th Apr 2008, 21:09
Does anyone know what happened to K C Jones, ex Herc mate, Cranwell JP instructor and then, I believe, a Saudi "convert". Went to an old watering hole today and the landlord was asking where he'd got to? Some fine memories of a good mate and a good instructor.

NutherA2
20th Apr 2008, 21:45
Check your PMs, Gericault.

Gainesy
21st Apr 2008, 11:52
Didn't he get a job driving trains in the States?:p

airborne_artist
21st Apr 2008, 12:46
http://richmondthenandnow.com/Images/Articles/Casey-Jones.gif

Zoom
21st Apr 2008, 13:42
Oh blimey.

Al R
21st Apr 2008, 13:51
Cripes.

1.4 - Given your obsession with the facts here, I thought you should know that Casey Jones was in fact, born John Luther Jones. So although AA may have committed the cardinal sin of being incorrect about a matter relating to the 19th Century Illinois Locomotive and Transport sector, so were you.

airborne_artist
21st Apr 2008, 14:09
1.4G

I think you'll find that the good Flt Lt was one of those awkward guys who used his second christian name, not his first. He was christened Keith Casey Jones, I'm reliably informed ;)

Correct information is everything....:ok:

NutherA2
21st Apr 2008, 15:02
I think you'll find that the good Flt Lt was one of those awkward guys who used his second christian name, not his first. He was christened Keith Casey Jones, I'm reliably informed ;)

Correct information is everything....:ok:

I don't know its origin, but his second christian name is actually "Chavez",he simply used his initials rather than "Keith".

Al R
21st Apr 2008, 16:22
The only thing in 1000's that I tend to celebrate are bonus payments. But I'm sure that a badge is just as satisfying. :)

Seldomfitforpurpose
21st Apr 2008, 20:09
You would think that even the most average civilian who is in receipt of all that money in bonuses would be able to find more to do with his life.....as opposed to feeling the need to cling on to the military "apron strings" by posting in here almost 4 times a day and starting over 60, mostly pointless and inane threads in the last nine months :sad:............I sincerely hope life in the big bad world has more to offer me when I leave in 4 years time :ok:

BEagle
21st Apr 2008, 20:49
Only if you have something special to offer the big, bad outside world, of course!

Seldomfitforpurpose
21st Apr 2008, 21:17
Beags,

As I will retire the day I leave the RAF and never have to work again then all I ask of the world is that it allows my better half and I the chance to travel round it and enjoy the rest of our days in the sun :ok:

My pension will only be index linked so bonuses in the 1000's will not happen for me but that aside I do hope I can find something more enjoyable and fulfilling to do with my life rather than continuing to post in here on a thread I no longer really belong to and on subjects I no longer have anything worthwhile to add :ok:

Al R
22nd Apr 2008, 07:23
Seldom fit summarised thus: I sincerely hope life in the big bad world has more to offer me when I leave in 4 years time. As I will retire the day I leave the RAF.. I do hope I can find something more enjoyable and fulfilling to do with my life rather than continuing to post in here on a thread I no longer really belong to and on subjects I no longer have anything worthwhile to add.

Chesterton said; 'If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly'.

So I am pleased to have been able to exceed your expectations here. I am pleased too, that the years following your retirement hold higher expectations for you than those preceeding it obviously do.

By the way, I have a chum who runs a business in Bermuda. One of the bains of his life is helping old folk who have a dream to sail the world and to pickle themselves in gin. Let me know your plans would you? I shall tell him that you're not like all the rest and that (hey), you put in enough years in RAF Pergatory for the right to now do what you want in civvy street without suffering ignorant, crass, bigoted, myopic, and bitter and twisted invective from small minded and inadequate cretins with chips on their shoulders.

I hope that whatever you do, however much help and advice you ask for and whoever you hang around with in your new life, that you aren't treated with the pointless hostility that you reserve for me. It certainly isn't becoming of someone with the experience that you clearly have.

I wish you all the best.

teeteringhead
22nd Apr 2008, 14:53
One hates to return this thread to its original subject but .....

.... having trained (many years ago) with Keith (KC), there is always one "dit" that springs to mind when his name is mentioned. We were discussing (as chaps do) "delaying the inevitable" in a Singing Detective sense (if you catch my drift :E) ...

...KC related that on one (or more) such occasion, he would attempt to recall in detail the problems of replacing the engine in a Twin-Cam MGA .... very little clearance and required much expertise apparently .... took his mind off the pressing problem to an extent that the problem was resolved.... ;)

..... he saved my bacon as an Officer Cadet once too - by vomitting before I did - but that's another story........:ok:

GPMG
22nd Apr 2008, 15:06
http://www.makleather.com/images/SAM_MAK2007-Handbags.JPG

GPMG
22nd Apr 2008, 15:20
The chic little number in the top left hand square....it matches my eyes.

Seldomfitforpurpose
22nd Apr 2008, 18:09
AlR,

Was there something in my post you found offensive, or did it simply touch a nerve :p

hunterboy
22nd Apr 2008, 19:34
Didn't he instruct up at the BAe flying College for a while? That was a few yrs ago though......

cazatou
22nd Apr 2008, 20:01
Al R

Regarding SFFP - have a look at the Chinook thread post 3162.

He appears to be a Steward of some kind - though I have no idea of what he is apologising for as he appears to have deleted whatever it was before I had a chance to read it.

Seldomfitforpurpose
22nd Apr 2008, 20:14
Caz dear chap,

I know we have crossed swords on the Chinook thread but that last post is rather out of character for you :=

cazatou
22nd Apr 2008, 20:34
Seldom,

You are correct - but I wonder how the recipient (now in his 70's/80's) of your jibes on that thread feels.

Seldomfitforpurpose
22nd Apr 2008, 20:41
Caz,

Where you see jibes I see a very simple question but I fear we will never know as "he" simply refuses to answer :(

cazatou
23rd Apr 2008, 13:00
SFFP

You could always read up on "HUSKY".

It might give you a clue as to the reason for his actions.

Seldomfitforpurpose
23rd Apr 2008, 16:00
Caz,

All I have to do is read his last few posts, contrast them with his stance and then ask what to me is a very simple question. The problem is that for him to supply the obvious answer is, IMHO too unpalatable to contemplate hence the cone of silence.

In our tradings on that thread neither you or he have ever wavered from your stance I have the utmost respect for you both for that, and also admire the way that you have remained dignified in your dealings with the many rather rude accusers you have faced. The question I posed was done so in the politest of terms but has been ignored which is something I have never witnessed either of you doing before in that thread, which for me speaks volumes.

Regards

SFFP