PDA

View Full Version : Pilot from spain

nikorural
20th Apr 2008, 20:48
Hi every body.I´m studient of APTL(H) in spain but in spain is very hard take job.:ugh:
How this finding work in the USA or UK?

Whirlygig
20th Apr 2008, 20:53
If you have a JAA qualification, it would be easier (but not easy) to get a job in Europe than in the States where an FAA licence is required plus you should have the right to work there!

Cheers

Whirls

Batidora
21st Apr 2008, 10:53
I live and work in both UK and Spain. FAASA is recruiting if you have +1000H. UK is a choice of getting your CPL(H) then FI or CPL(H) and instruments to work on the North Sea.

I'm fluent in Spanish and teach both PPL & CPL would be pleased to give you more details via PM.

nikorural
23rd Apr 2008, 15:54
I don´t have 1000h.I´m student ATPL in barcelona.

eivissa
23rd Apr 2008, 16:42
i used to do some pleasure flights with tourists on the balearic islands, it isnt easy to get into the industry there but since you are doing your atpl you should contact grupo inaer, they are looking vor cpl guys with IR and i heard they dont expect you to have loads of hours. On the other hand, if you want to stay in spain, sloane helicopters mallorca are not interested in ifr, but because of their company policy they are only allowed to give you a job if you have at least 800 hours. You could try germany. Get started in the business as a freelancer controling powerlines. Thats how a lot of us in germany begin their career.

best of luck.eivissa.