PDA

View Full Version : The Great Circle - Flight training

DBisDogOne
20th Apr 2008, 12:42
Anyone every used this crowd for any degree of training?

http://www.thegreatcircle.co.uk/flighttraining/

Especially in relation to IMC courses which is my interest in them. They are based at Full Sutton (next door to the large nick) near York. Has anyone any kind of experience of them, good, bad, indifferent etc?

All input appreciated.

Ta!

DBisDogOne
26th May 2008, 11:55
Anyone any info????

liam548
28th May 2008, 03:43
sorry no info but looks good! very local to me too. Even has a bradford phonce code.

flybymike
28th May 2008, 11:48
They state they have been in the training business for many years but I have been flying from Yorkshire for 25 years and have never heard of them.
That means nothing at all in itself, but it may be prudent to seek a little more background information before committing to expenditure.

DBisDogOne
31st May 2008, 12:28
'They state they have been in the training business for many years but I have been flying from Yorkshire for 25 years and have never heard of them.
That means nothing at all in itself, but it may be prudent to seek a little more background information before committing to expenditure.'

Thanks flybymike, my thoughts exactly, given that it seems pretty much no-one else has stood up and declared they are good/bad/otherwise, which is pretty rare on this forum! I'm treading very carefully. If I do go for it (the Fast-track IMC is my chief interest), it'll only be if there's no money beyond a small deposit up front, especially with the surprising news that's just reached me about Old Sarum where I was hoping to do my taildragger this summer.
To their credit, their response to my enquiring email was very polite and prompt, but still....

rcalvert
31st Oct 2008, 11:02
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has used them yet? I'm thinking about taking their PPL groundschool and getting all the exams out of the way in one go.

Thanks.

liam548
31st Oct 2008, 11:15
I was looking at these a few months ago when deciding where to do my training. Again very local for me.

moonym20
31st Oct 2008, 17:45
I can vouch for them :ok: - very good outfit

DBisDogOne you have a PM ;)

DBisDogOne
2nd Nov 2008, 11:17
Mooney - Thanks mate, V.helpful.

matman
4th Nov 2008, 19:25
i did a fast track nav course and found it very good.

juliet india mike
5th Nov 2008, 03:28
Very personalised service, excellent teacher on the ground (Adam was a maths teacher in former life). Nice dry sense of humour when airborne and worked miracles with my cack-handed way of slopping an aircraft about.

Full Sutton is a small airfield, so no long waits on the ground. Uses nearby major airports for instrument work etc. I did my PPL over 18 months as no money. Only drawback for the fast-track would be the rubbish weather, same as we get all over the UK. But if you can't fly, you'll get excellent ground school instead.

SlashDOT
6th Dec 2013, 00:53
Hello everyone,

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Currently I am working towards my PPL and already clocked 12 hours in my logbook. My flying school is not holding any ground school for some reason and they are delaying it again and again and again…..

I was looking at this site The Great Circle - PPL Exams | Pilot Training | Ground School - The Great Circle (http://www.thegreatcircle.co.uk) and looked great to me. I mean you can get all your tension sorted in just a week. I do they do it?
Hows the lecture quality? If you go by the traditional way it takes about 5/6 months to pass all the ground exams. How do they fit this amount of knowledge and time in just 5 days???????

Please share your experience if anyone had or is being using their services.

Thanks in advance.