PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Most Powerful Nation (According to Mr "I'madinnerjacket")

High_lander
19th Apr 2008, 13:08
(According to Mr "I'madinnerjacket")

STORY (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7352654.stm).

Well, I never knew it, after all these years thinking that those Capatalist Pigs from the Great Satan, or those Cunning Comunists (former) or the Chinese Forces (couldn't think of anything to go with that) had the strongest military and were the World's most powerful nation!

;):}:};)

Alexander.Yakovlev
19th Apr 2008, 13:23
Shame a vast proportion of their armour is sat in compounds in Western Terhran rotting away...hardly in any state of readiness.

Two's in
19th Apr 2008, 15:21
I would have thought that the use of F-4's was more likely to result in a breach of the Kyoto Protocol on emissions than anything that might be covered by the Geneva Convention.

Melchett01
19th Apr 2008, 15:26
Official media claimed the ceremony included the largest ever show of aerial strength, with a fly past by almost 200 aircraft.

I'm guessing these media officials weren't watching on the opening night of TELIC 1 then :} Still, it's always nice to have a bit of undemanding light entertainment on a Saturday afternoon after lunch!

exscribbler
19th Apr 2008, 15:59
Does he use the same speech writer as Robert Mugabe?:ugh:

VinRouge
19th Apr 2008, 15:59
Arent their F-14a's working off bits they found off an old Ford Cortina?

GPMG
19th Apr 2008, 16:54
How long would the UK last if it went toe to toe? Barring Nukes and current commitments and any external help?

Tyres O'Flaherty
19th Apr 2008, 18:37
They've got that ''Comical Ali'' fella on a retainer.

Should be good for a laugh when downtown Teheran's getting a bit noisy.

High_lander
19th Apr 2008, 18:58
I've always wondered what happened to Comical Ali.

Dan D'air
20th Apr 2008, 02:36
I've always wondered what happened to Comical Ali.

AFAIK he is living in Jordan on a nice little earner, probably still waiting to repel the Imperialist invaders who weren't in Baghdad. Not at all. Ever. Not even a little bit. And no US tanks were there either..................

Harry P
20th Apr 2008, 10:05
Perhaps he is suggesting that he has caps' other than some rather old US fighters and rusting FSU armour..... just a thought !