PDA

View Full Version : Education: 16-??

DBP
19th Apr 2008, 11:32
Okay I really considering becoming a Pilot, before it was just something I would mention as a passing comment and Joke about it to my family. But as my GCSE tests approach and my grades are looking good… It’s turning into a liable option fast.

I don’t really intend to do A Levels in the English curriculum as I don’t really like school all that much. A new course has started at my local university however that has got me really interested. It’s a National Diploma in Aerospace Engineering, since it doesn’t take up as much time as A Levels as well due to it only been a 4 semesters of 2 years. I will have the free time to do my PPL as well. After completing this I’d be able to do the ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot Licence) right?

With this course of education do you think it will be enough to get me into a ATPL course? I always could do A Levels and my GCSE grades are looking at be around A-B Mainly and a Few C. If I where to do A levels I wouldn’t have the time to do the PPL course though and I really looking to fast-track to becoming a pilot so I can pay of the bills as soon as possible. How long does the ATPL course take to complete?