PDA

View Full Version : BA flights to and from Nigeria

Wesley99
17th Apr 2008, 14:53
I was wondering whther anyone can help. There's a lot of web talk about a boycott of BA flights to and from Nigeria. I'm a journalist and trying to check out the story for BBC Radio 5 Live is there any evidence of a boycott? If anyone knows can you e-mail me.

Cheers

Wesley

fruitbat
17th Apr 2008, 15:54
The BA flights from LHR to Lagos for the next 3 days are all heavily overbooked in all classes including First, so I don't think any 'boycott' is affecting the loads.

DISCOKID
17th Apr 2008, 17:50
see

http://akin.blog-city.com/boycott_british_airways.htm

VAFFPAX
17th Apr 2008, 20:27
Crikey... that's taking it a little too far, isn't it?

But what do _I_ know... :oh:

S.

pinkaroo
17th Apr 2008, 20:42
I was there when the deportee was performing. This was his fourth attempt to be offloaded from a flight deporting him. He was just playing up to the crowd. They took his side and an aggressive anti-crew atmosphere developed. This led to it becoming quite apparent the crew would probably be unsafe although they had done nothing wrong. The Captain supported his crew and elected to offload an overtly aggressive group of passengers who needed splitting up. Many pax were making racist comments. Pity the bloggist failed to mention this but perhaps this does not suit his aspirations.

apaddyinuk
20th Apr 2008, 19:35
Why why WHY are Nigerians the only African nationals that cause so much trouble??? What chip do they have that all other african nations seem to have overlooked? I regularly fly to Ghana, SA, Zambia, Angola, Tanzania and until recently Zimbabwe and I have never ever experienced anything other then good tidings and wonderful and kind people...not so on the Lagos routes.

I should actually be specific, not Nigerians (far to generalising) but Lagos passengers. Those on the Abuja are always very laid back and easy going, far more reflective of the Nigerian people I have met in Ireland. But Lagos passengers just seem to cause problems and are never happy. It is not BA that has the problem, they use the same great crews that operate all the worldwide network of routes. Most crew appreciate the "african" approach of having a laugh (not much different to us Irish) and just being patient with the passengers but there is an element who wish to out BA and its staff as public enemy number one!!! What was that "Fanny" fella on about a year or so ago??? BA hate all Nigerians or something to that effect??? Pathetic carry on all together.

That blog is very hypocritical, it does nothing more then insight discrimination!

jimworcs
21st Apr 2008, 22:29
Paddy, talk about inciting...

You slag off a whole nation, and then pull back, to rather sensibly only slag off a whole city. Well done Paddy for recognising the inherant weakness in your argument that to categorise a whole nation would be most unwise, and it would be far better to be specific and simply categorise a whole city (approximate population 8 million). During my childhood my next door neighbour was Irish, and do you know that her daughter often had nits. What is it about the Irish (all 4 million of them) that have nits.

Actually, that is probably unfair, she was from Cork. What is it about those people from Cork and nits.

jimworcs
21st Apr 2008, 22:32
Especially against people from Cork with nits. That would be a gross mis-representation of my views.

apaddyinuk
21st Apr 2008, 23:46
Just stating facts from my own experience Jim....Im not the one trying to incite a ban on all things Nigerian!!!! If anything I am trying to point out Irony's!!!

And no, I am not slagging off an entire nation!!!

Any anyways, you Brits take the piss out of us Irish folk all the time, you dont see us doing a boycott of all things british do you?

Now back to the thread!

25th Apr 2008, 07:53
you dont see us doing a boycott of all things british do you?

About the only British things left are marmite and Pork pies. Just about everything else has been sold off or is produced overseas.

onboard
25th Apr 2008, 11:43
Just stating facts from my own experience

Same experience here. FRA LOS - lots of aggression, racist comments.
FRA ABV - easygoing pax.

Everybody figure out for themselves why that is, all I can say, every crew from airlines serving LOS that I've talked to, more or less says the same.