PDA

View Full Version : How soon can you use IMCR privileges?

BroomstickPilot
17th Apr 2008, 14:36
Hi Guys,

Can anybody please advise me. I am hoping to do the IMCR in May. Soon afterwards, I shall want to go touring, and I should like to be able to use the new rating during my touring trip.

Once I have the pass form (assuming I do pass), if I then take it and my licence to the Belgrano at Gatwick, will they add the new rating to my licence while I wait? Or must I leave my licence with them and then wait weeks while they add the IMCR to my licence and mail the amended licence back to me?

Anybody know the answer?

Broomstick.

S-Works
17th Apr 2008, 14:51
If you mean, visit Aviation House and sit and wait for it to be issued then yes they generally do offer that service. Usually drop it off in the morning and collect again in the afternoon.

XX621
17th Apr 2008, 15:53
Good luck with your IMC flying. I got my IMCR then never used it due to the real-world, practical considerations discussed ad nauseam on this forum.
Nice to have another string to your bow though, and it looks nice in the book.

Three Yellows
17th Apr 2008, 16:29
Nice to have another string to your bow though, and it looks nice in the book.

.. but a complete waste of time and money if you don't get out there and use at every oppertunity IMHO.

wsmempson
17th Apr 2008, 21:29
Just passed my IMC today; procedural ILS @ Cranfield on a nice bumpy day with the wind 070/17G27, so feel uncommonly pleased with myself. I expect it'll pass...:)

BroomstickPilot
18th Apr 2008, 06:36
Thanks Guys,

And congratulations wsmempson.

Broomstick.

TheOddOne
18th Apr 2008, 07:26
Usually drop it off in the morning and collect again in the afternoon.

I'd recommend 0900 at the latest as 'morning' and you might get a mid-afternoon time for pickup, unless things have improved since last Summer. I did this last year for my latest changes and drove down to Shoreham for lunch and a serious overspend in Transair's shop. Plan a pleasant day around the activity, makes it more memorable and infinitely better than kicking your heels around Aviation House, pleasant as the building is. (Too many memories of medicals and exams etc!!!)

When the CAA's licencing dept. was in Kingsway in London, an early morning dropoff then a day out in the Capital was a pretty good way of celebrating the event. You could still do that, get the courtesy bus back to Gatwick, then the Express into town (or the fleshpots of Brighton, if you prefer)

Cheers,
TheOddOne