PDA

View Full Version : Using Bristol question bank for I.A.A ATPL

realmav
17th Apr 2008, 09:23
Hi everyone I was wondering if using the bristol question bank would be a help for the I.A.A ATPL questions :ok: Thank you!!!

wotan
17th Apr 2008, 17:37
i found it invaluable in helping prepare for the exams, the question bank is very accurate. do lots and lots of questions and you cant go wrong, with obvious reference to the manuals if your stuck.

ei zs flyer
17th Apr 2008, 18:16
WHAT!!! the IAA have there own question bank?????

i thought bristol set the paper!!!!!!!!!!:}

deltaxray
17th Apr 2008, 21:53
Im using it at the moment and have the first 7 exams next week. I hope its accurate:\

doctordoom
19th Apr 2008, 13:43
The I.A.A have a new question bank, rumor has it the get it from the Dutch. Bristol was a great help for I.A.A exams and still is for setting yourself mock exams, but trust me dont go into the exams thinking that if you have memorised ever Bristol question you will Ace the exam it used to work but not any more. Just put a bit of time in and study the books it will pay off in the long run :ok:

Ace_Tangiers
19th Apr 2008, 17:17
when did this new database come in?? i sat 8 in january and bristol covered at least 70%, 100% in some cases, heard march sitting was pretty similar..

acuba 290
19th Apr 2008, 17:42
what means covered 70%? 70% questions was 1:1 same? :)

doctordoom
19th Apr 2008, 17:54
It came in late in 07 Bristol mite have upto date questions by now, but it's not a good Idea just to memorise question's it will catch you out. Know your subject that way you wont be caught out, you can pass some exam's with Bristol alone but the like's of Nav+Flight planning you will not get by with Bristol. I went down the Bristol road of trying to learn question's but I got caught out and had to do a few resit's be warned :ok:. I know it's hard to study, I used to try to put it off and tryed every way to get out of it but it will pay off in the long run.

Ace_Tangiers
19th Apr 2008, 19:56
not advising anyone to just learn the questions, but for someone sitting exams on monday bristol the night before is better than any book....acuba by 70% i mean pretty much word for word identical.

deltaxray
19th Apr 2008, 21:53
Well at this late stage all we can do is have a good look over some bristol questions for monday. See you guys in dublin then. Ill be the one with the look of despiration on my face:}

realmav
20th Apr 2008, 17:06
Thanks for all the replys everyone i'll keep chipping away at the question bank and be sure to hit the books also thanks again!!:ok:

Zyox
20th Apr 2008, 20:42
what means covered 70%? 70% questions was 1:1 same? :)

Sat the Instruments repeat in March 2008 after studying Bristol and Italian (something old, version 4 I think)... and every single question on that paper, bar exactly one, I had seen word for word from those question banks.

Now I'm not saying that's the way it's been for every exam, but I was amazed at that. I'm _hoping_ it was a co-incidence :hmm:

Moral of the story is Bristol is a great question bank to use for the IAA exams, recommended highly by anyone who's used it. And once you work through it thoroughly, and find you have some magical amount of extra time, consider a second database/source to reaffirm yourself on the subject. Any exam I've been anxious about after only doing Bristol, or for both of my 2 repeats, I added the Italian into the mix and found it really helped.

G'luck guys! See ya tomorrow :sad:

Alltheway
21st Apr 2008, 03:46
Hi,

I've just started my ATPL and wondered if anyone knew how to access the Volare Database. I've tried extensive searches on Google and Pprune. Any help most grateful.

Zyox
21st Apr 2008, 06:45
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4015713&postcount=9
Posted in another thread earlier this week/weekend. Apparently that's the Italian.

ShotOver
5th Sep 2008, 16:20
Ok, I got the Italian questions now. Will see how they stack up next month.

But, how can I get a copy of the Bristol questions?

Before someone chimes in, yes I know.....pay the fee and go to the school. No thanks, I've already paid MUCH to 'another' so called 'great' school that many recommended before I commited the funds. Unfortunately, they don't seem to supply the same great bank of questions.

Soooooo, anyone willing to help out? PM me.

bluenose81huskys
7th Sep 2008, 11:52
Realmav, here is the link to Bristol GS Database, you can take this out for £50 or 72 Euros for 3 months supply!!!

http://www.atponline.gs/jalo/index.asp

Rich

ChrisLKKB
7th Sep 2008, 12:23
Is it linked to Alex's crystal ball or is it s straight forward data base ?

(If it suggests which questions are most likely to appear in the next sitting then it's a bargain at £50 :cool: )

RTN11
8th Sep 2008, 00:18
Come on now chris, that really would be too easy.

They have two databases, but suggest that most of the questions will come from the second.

With 600 questions for systems and engines in the second database alone, I won't be relying on memorising them for my exam next month. It's much easier to learn the subject matter.

Law on the other hand, much fewer database questions, so much easier to learn from a question bank. I'll certainly be nervous going into the exam though if I don't use my books too.

Greg2041
8th Sep 2008, 13:38
If it suggests which questions are most likely to appear in the next sitting then it's a bargain at £50.

I know there are those who are critical of students using the database to learn, but I find it difficult to see how anyone can remember 14,000 + questions and 14,000 answers! Surely, it just focuses the mind on learning outcomes for individual modules.

Q&A databases are a great tool but only that. To become a craftsman, knowledge, experience and practice maketh the man.......... or the woman!

Greg

pasqualino
7th May 2009, 08:32
hi lads! any of yas sittin instruments on the next exam sittin comin up in 2 weeks be warned i got news that the last exam the iaa had was barely bristol at all 40% at most the rest mostly gpws,a/p, adc. was wonderin if anybody knows which question bank is the actual iaa source,

lpokijuhyt
7th May 2009, 08:43
when I did this, i had acces to both the bristol database and aviationexam.com. I found bristol to be less complete than aviationexam.com. why? because aviationexam.com has an excellent feature which allows posts for every single question.