PDA

View Full Version : Calcutta airport

oldpax
17th Apr 2008, 04:32
Flying Bangkok to Kolkuta (?)next month and then an internal flight.Has anyone experience of passing through this airport?How far to domestic flights and how long does immigration take . I have one hour and forty minutes!

xtypeman
17th Apr 2008, 08:15
Last time i flew through Dum Dum no real problems but beware can take a long time to get through customs immigration took four hours to arrive at Bombay one morning. That was a few years ago.........

Blocksoff
21st Apr 2008, 19:04
India incredible India. I flew for Air India on a 767 as ACMI you wait and see :\. It took ages for us to get to the aircraft and every single time the burocracy changed and i have been there for almost 3 months. But as a passenger never had the experience.
Apart from the red tape and the general poverty, people are very nice maybe in a few decades who knows?

oldpax
22nd Apr 2008, 00:41
I have worked in India a couple of times, last was 06 ,south of Mumbai.Now theres an airport that needs a lick of paint! I did read a review that said Kalkuta was fairly efficient,by whos standards I dont know!Just hope I have time to catch my internal flight!!There was an airline (which I flew with)called Viadoot,they used ex IAF 748s!!Wonder if its still going!