PDA

View Full Version : Employment plan??

Rotorhead80
16th Apr 2008, 20:03
Was wondering if anyone out there might be able to give me advice/ suggestions/ infoabout the best method of looking for employment, i.e. contacts, employment websites, poss job offers etc.

Just about to complete my JAA ATPL(H) with a few hundred hours on the R22 in about June/July and am eager to get on that employment ladder asap. I am very flexible with where globally and when and what work I do and I have been lead to believe that there is quite a shortage of heli pilots at the moment.

If anyone has ANYTHING to help me with my next forthcoming mountain to climb then it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :ok:

Whirlygig
16th Apr 2008, 22:43
When you say JAA ATPL(H), do you mean JAA CPL(H) with ATPL(H) theory credits? If so, then your best bet is to either get an instructor rating or instrument rating. If you have a full ATPL(H), then you shouldn't have any problem finding work.

Cheers

Whirls

gulliBell
17th Apr 2008, 05:18
Was wondering if you can hold a (full?) ATPL in JAA land with only R22 time?

g-mady
17th Apr 2008, 17:05
Rotorhead80,

I notice your location is Aberdeen... If I lived in aberdeen i wouldn't even be wasting my time on this forum! I'd be getting a job by going and asking!

Unless thats not the sort of work you want! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

MADY