PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL at Naples or OBA?

mikeEGNT
16th Apr 2008, 19:38
Hi all,

Im starting this thread as im looking for some advice on these two schools Naples and OBA for the JAA CPL? I need to complete the course asap so the uk was out as most places i called were booked up until SEP!!

Could anyone who has had an experience doing the JAA CPL at either of these schools offer any advice??

Mike

moona
17th Apr 2008, 09:47
Im also considering OBA for my CPL, would be great to here from anyone whos been down this path.

Cessna-172-Pilot
17th Apr 2008, 09:55
OBA are only offering their CPL Courses to people who have completed a previous course with them or have done 50 hour block building package.
This was taken off their website. Might be worth contacting them to see if it's still a pre-requisite.
Good luck.

cirruscrystal
17th Apr 2008, 11:42
I have been to Naples and experienced their flightline and management. Avoid this place at all costs in my opinion, PM if you want to ask any further questions.

BigGrecian
17th Apr 2008, 17:24
Remember they don't use European qualified instructors they only use "standardised" FAA instructors.

There is one school in Florida which uses only JAA qualified instructors for CPL training - do I search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Pace152
18th Apr 2008, 18:08
Hiya,

I might be wrong on this but I think Naples are fully booked up with their CPL courses until August.

From what I've heard the best place to do the CPL would seem to be EFT at Fort Pierce. I have a friend who did it there and he did it in 5 weeks no problems.

Shunter
18th Apr 2008, 18:22
5 weeks to fly 25hrs? That's a tad leisurely, to put it mildly!

Pace152
19th Apr 2008, 16:07
I should've stated he also did 30 hours hour building in that time.