PDA

View Full Version : Flight sim yoke

alpha-b
15th Apr 2008, 22:17
Dear aviators.I'd like 2 know if anybody around joburg can help me find a yoke 4 using on my flight simulator a 2nd hand i find it better than the joystick.Cheers

Shrike200
16th Apr 2008, 06:29
Realistically, you only have two options:

CH products:
http://www.chproducts.com/retail/y_fsyusb.html

or Saitek:
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/yoke.htm

Those are new of course, and I'm not mentioning the ridiculously high end stuff (Cirrus etc) which are really expensive.

Second hand, you'd best monitor someplace like bidorbuy.co.za if you want local, or ebay if you can manage the international shipping and associated hassles. Locally, I don't know how many second hand USB yokes you'll find - most owners will still be using them! Good luck.

VortexGen300
16th Apr 2008, 06:38
Try the pilot shops at Lanseria or Wonderboom.

Hope you get it!

VG300

ASD
16th Apr 2008, 09:07
Try the classifieds section of the flight simulator forums.

www.fsx.co.za

alpha-b
16th Apr 2008, 21:31
Thank u all guys 4 ur inputs,any more are welcomed

smo-kin-hole
17th Apr 2008, 11:57
I had an Elite 6 for awhile. Terrific pitch stability, but it didn't have enough pitch range to do stalls or steeps without substantial trim. I donated it away. The CH yoke I bought felt cheap and inadequite, but the CH "fighterstick" I have now is very well made. I bought a Saitek X-52 which worked well enough, but there was so much "Star Wars" switchwork on the yoke top that it was no fun to fly with. I have no experience at all with the newest Saitek yoke. It is possible that CH has improved their yoke.
Take some time to figure out the control damping in your sim program. It makes a huge difference in flyability. Also....it seems to me that some programs have better dynamics than others. I have a Pilatus PC-12 add-on in my Microsoft 2004 FS that is a joy to fly IFR with. I have another jet add-on that is all but uncontrollable. The Ubisoft "Sturmovik" series are combat sims, but they fly extremely well. Hey Ubisoft...make an IFR sim...PLEASE!

Good luck down there.

Flightsimman
20th Apr 2008, 22:53
Hi mate,

I suggest you try Ebay.

I have been to the pilots shop in Lanseria and found the prices to be very high.

I was able to purchase a near new CH Products Flight Sim Yoke & Rudder Pedals in Australia for around $400 AUD (the guy even threw in a near new copy of FSX
Deluxe Edition).

Good luck!