PDA

View Full Version : The "Secret" FADEC memory

Hidden Agenda
15th Apr 2008, 16:17
On the Bell 407 (as an example) who owns the data in the “secret” FADEC memory?

If, as I suspect, the information is owned by the owner of the airframe / engine why will Rolls Royce not give the owner a copy of the raw data when it is downloaded it from the engine when the engine is returned to the factory. Why will they only supply their interpretation of what the data indicates?

If the data belongs to the owner of the airframe / engine does RR have the right to download, interpret and retain the data but refuse to give the owner a copy?

A serious question, considered serious responses will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

md 600 driver
16th Apr 2008, 08:55
i Agree with you the owner should have acess to this info it would allow the owner to verify the hours flown and the exeedences

I think RR keep this info in case of accident then they say its not our fault it flew out of hours or exeeded various paramitors

If owners had this data it would not fly out of hours and paramitors so RR may be liable

some engineers have access to this data

HUMS
16th Apr 2008, 10:34
I would suggest it depends what RR have been contracted to provide...

Chris P Bacon
16th Apr 2008, 11:44
All the data you need is available through the maintenace terminal, even the hidden data through the "user defined" section. I regularly give copies to the operator whenever they think an exceedence has taken place.