PDA

View Full Version : Asean Avgas and Avtur prices ?

aseanaero
15th Apr 2008, 13:46
Who's paying the most for avgas and avtur in the region ?

Avgas here in Jakarta is touching on US$3.75 to $4 a litre and getting hard to get outside Jakarta and the main cities , the prices of avgas here are making a good business case for turbines and turbo diesels

Avtur is around US$0.60 litre

Who's got the cheapest and most expensive fuel in Asean ?

PK-KAR
17th Apr 2008, 18:34
Aseanaero...
60cents????
Errr, the rates for Chili Hut for Jet A-1 this month is $0.9243 / IDR9361 right? same as Halim, and dang, it's 5 cents more than CGK?

Avgas? Halim is $2.78 a liter or IDR 28,127.00 for domestic... *bangs head on table*
But hearing $3.75 - 4 is believable... it happens when the supply gets cocked up!

Outside Java, Bali, Makassar, Balikpapan, Palembang and Medan... it's not worth it... Imagine sending fuel there ! At another extortionate rate!

Haven't you heard of the "Pertamax conversion" mate? (LOL) I dunno how safe it is, or its long term effects on the engines, but they're already doing it...

Why don't I visit you at the Chili Hut sometime...

PK-KAR

mingalababya
18th Apr 2008, 01:57
Why don't I visit you at the Chili Hut sometime...

PK-KAR

Oh, I see .. Chilli Hut = "Pondok Cabe" LOL! .. Nice translation. :) It's been a while since I've passed through there .. I remember seeing some experimental light (or ultralight) aircraft operating there in amongst Pelita's Transall C-160's. Now that was a long time ago! :)

As for aviation fuel, is Pertamina still your only supplier? Maybe some competition will help to bring prices down? Just my 2 rupiah's worth.

PK-KAR
18th Apr 2008, 07:28
Well, Shell and Petronas car fuel has made it into the lighter props...
Oh wait, we're talking real avgas right?

aseanaero
18th Apr 2008, 11:20
Pertamax conversion haha , the problem with indo car fuel is in most dodgy petrol stations its blended with kerosene anyway , that's why all the taxis ping their heads off and why they are pushing the locals to cook with LPG now as most of the kero was going into cutting with petrol and destroying peoples engines , I wouldn't be game to use it in an aircraft

Another trick is the 'miracle' 20 litre jerry can taking 23 litres :bored:

The Transalls went to Mannungal and 1 or 2 were cut up for scrap at Pondok Cabe around 2003 from memory

The ultralights and experimentals are still there but probably 70% of them haven't flown for years

Robing
12th Apr 2009, 09:05
Hi

We are ferrying through to Manilla next week and wondered if anyone had a suggestion for a tech stop en route? Can go around 1000NM in a hop.

We currently plan Chang Mai somewhere Manilla but need gas!

Thanks for a quick reply!

Robin

aseanaero
24th Sep 2009, 13:50
Hi Robing ,

6 months late replying to your post , sorry I missed it.

How did you go for fuel ?

We are due to do a ferry flight Jakarta to North Queensland during October and I was told we will have to wait a month to get 800 litres (4 drums) and this in Jakarta not some remote area. Price has dropped back to $210 for a 200 litre drum for international flights and 23,166 rupiah for domestic flights.