PDA

View Full Version : Bae 146

russ77
15th Apr 2008, 10:36
Hey people,

I was hoping for a little bit of help regarding the BAE146/Avro RJ. I am currently doing a university project on this aircraft and its safe to say im struggling a bit! I need to investigate ways to improve the direct operating costs by modifying any of the avionics but it's very difficult to find any up to date data on this.

What is the situation with these aircraft regarding the avionics upgrades?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as im getting a bit desperate!

Thanks

Engineer_aus
16th Apr 2008, 08:10
You go from using a BAe 146 to a RJ... Most of the Avionics are pretty reliable on the ones I work on. To make operating cost more efficient you would re engine the aircraft from the Alf 502 to the LF507-F

Dont Hang Up
16th Apr 2008, 12:31
If really struggling you could go down the Airborne Seperation Assisitance Systems (ASAS) route.This is not specific to the 146 as it is a general concept.
However it is avionics, and it is intended to improve operation costs with various levels of self seperation capability between co-operating aircraft.The advantage of going down the ASAS route is that there is loads of stuff available for your research. I suggest the EUROCONTROL web site as a good starting point.</p>

Plane Speaker
17th Apr 2008, 12:24
The 146 wasn't even upgraded for PRNAV compliance retrospectively. THe RJ's had it from build, thought it was withdrawn for a while and then re-introduced when some technical solutions to altitude bursting were developed and introduced. I short there have been very few improvements but to gerneralise the RJ has EFIS, CAT III autoland, FADEC and 507 engines. THe 146 started with an elecromechanical flightdeck, had EFIS inroduced halfway through its life but no FADEC or CAT III and had 502 engines.

Engineer_aus
23rd Apr 2008, 03:15
or 507!!!! I have worked on 146's with ALF 507's