PDA

View Full Version : Flying from Coventry - Any useful tips

1 Zulu Alpha
15th Apr 2008, 08:34
I have been booked on with Thomsonfly to Faro from Coventry. Having never used Coventry before I'd be interested if anyone has any useful tips around parking/check in etc.

Thanks

1ZA

jimworcs
15th Apr 2008, 08:47
Parking is expensive, but close by. Don't try to park on the streets around, they will tow you. Check in quick and easy, cafe facilities are ok landside, but dire airside, so go through security at the last minute, as the facilities airside are cramped and poor. I find it pretty good, quick in and out..but it seems it is being run down.

1 Zulu Alpha
15th Apr 2008, 11:34
Thanks for the feedback

1ZA

UniFoxOs
15th Apr 2008, 13:00
Not worth the saving to book off-site parking, saves a few quid but the courtesy vehicle isn't allowed onto the site so you have to walk from/to the security barrier (but your friends/relations CAN enter to pick up/drop off outside the terminal!). I echo Jim's comments re the airside facilities - use the toilet landside as well if you need to. Otherwise it's pretty stress-free, and my first choice nowadays if flights available to where I want to go.

UFO

SLFJan
15th Apr 2008, 21:47
Its been a while since I travelled via Cov, but don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed - think Portacabins bolted together. And don't pack a gramme overweight baggage (inc hand luggage:=) or you will be stung royally!

UniFoxOs
17th Apr 2008, 11:15
Good point, Jan, I remember having to re-organise self and SWMBO's carry-ons at the head of the queue on our first trip from there, we had less that the 10kg between us but they insisted on having less than 5 each, had to fill my pockets with stuff as well, then put it back in the bag after.
UFO

FLR-PSA
17th Apr 2008, 18:04
If it's raining on your return have your brolly ready as you walk out of baggage reclaim straight into the car park! :ok:

Whiskey Papa
19th Apr 2008, 09:25
Check Metar and take an umbrella if required as the check in queue often extends outdoors, but remember you won't be allowed to take it on as cabin luggage. Also shop before you go as airport shops are miniscule. Take your own food as catering is limited. Advantages are that airport is so small little walking is involved and you can park within metres of arrivals hall. Go early and visit the Midaland Air Museum http://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/