PDA

View Full Version : G-BRBY

Chopper Doc Junior
15th Apr 2008, 08:16
Whoever was flying this machine yesterday evening has inadvertenly scared the neighbours by landing it in a garden. It was brought to my attention on another non flying related internet forum.
This is purely for you info. The landing and subsequent take off from the site were both uneventful in an aviation sense.

Bravo73
15th Apr 2008, 09:27
Huh? When you say 'garden', was it the garden of a stately home, or the garden of an inner city council flat? :confused:

But anyway, if you really want the pilot to be aware of his actions, are you aware that you can get the aircraft owner's contact details off the CAA website?

Heli-Jock
15th Apr 2008, 11:40
Which non aviation website was this on?
Is there a complaint being made by any of these "Scared" neighbours?
Do you know if any aviation laws were broken?
I'm sure the pilot MUST have had permission from the land owner prior to dropping in.
I'm not sure why this message has been posted, the details so far do not suggest any wrong doings were done other than pissing off the locals, who probably know, or care, absolutelly nowt about the rotor world?

HJ:ugh:

O27PMR
15th Apr 2008, 11:41
Chopper

I don't mean to sound rude but if the landing and take off were uneventful and, i presume, in accordance with rule 5 then why mention it?

Is this leading somewhere or have i missed the point?

PR

helicopter-redeye
15th Apr 2008, 11:58
It's an R22 so it's OK to be frightened ... :E

Phugoid Phlue
15th Apr 2008, 12:19
Really think I have missed the point here.

For who's information is the original post for?

Where was the "incident"? What other site was it reported on?
Why were people "scared"?

Safety is something we all take very seriously and a bit more detail might help the information part of the post.

By what is not said in the post, no rules were broken or bent?

Anyone shed any light?

Heli-Jock
15th Apr 2008, 14:19
Phugoid Phlue,

I'm with you on this one.
Its seems a pointless post to me.
This site is for people with something relative to say on various topics but i just dont see where this one is coming from?

Uneventful take off and landing?
No broken rules stated thus far?
Whats the problem?

Whats worse, is that Chopper Doc Junior, has posted a registration of an R22 as if its caused some major incident by "landing in a garden"! !

Maybe "Chopper Doc Junior" should come back and post again, when he becomes "Chopper Doc SENIOR"! :ouch:

Overdrive
15th Apr 2008, 16:07
...or maybe he was just trying to give a helpful heads-up to the pilot/owner? So that should said scared aviation-ignorant member of the public later decide to make a complaint (possible if they've posted on the 'net somewhere), the pilot has had a chance to review his/her actions and the details in advance (rule 5 compliant or not).

Forewarned etc....

DBChopper
15th Apr 2008, 17:35
...or maybe he was just trying to give a helpful heads-up to the pilot/owner?

I couldn't agree more Overdrive.

It never fails to amaze me how folk are quick to leap on people on here. I accept a degree of healthy cynicism can be useful but, come on guys. I read this message as a helpful heads-up to someone who, by doing something perfectly legal and safe, might be about to open up a can of complaining worms. If the pilot of G-BRBY never reads this then nothing has been lost. If he does, it may help him or her. There is no drama in the post, no apparent attempt at fishing and no emotive language. I fail to see the problem.