PDA

View Full Version : Recruit proposes at his passout ('graduation' indeed!).

Al R
15th Apr 2008, 05:22
Slightly unfair - shouldn't she have been allowed a quick look at the patch before deciding?

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/PeopleInDefence/RafRecruitProposesAtGraduationParade.htm

(nice ankles mind)

GPMG
15th Apr 2008, 09:10
Fool, just as life is really beggining, you end all the fun by getting married.

Map to Grid.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
15th Apr 2008, 09:46
Yep, Mag it while there's still a life.

The Press do seem to like Americanisms.

Al R
15th Apr 2008, 10:12
BigBlueCar chuckled smugly: Her ankles are quite nice, too.;)

I think its fair to say we all knew what I meant BigBlueCar.. even if you pretend you didn't. :hmm:

As to the rest, lets do a quick appreciation on his prospects.

Sex.

Short terms prospect: Grid to Mag
MediumLong term prospects: Mag to Grid
Variety/ annual change: Mag to Grid.

Money.

Short term income: Grid to Mag
Medium/Long term: Mag to Grid
Disposable income: Mag to grid.

Happiness.

Mag to Grid.

Workload.

Grid to Mag.

Feeling of wellbeing.

Mag to grid.

This isn't rocket science is it? If he was doing his job properly, that WO should have just taken the lad under his wing and coached him. As it is, its too late.

Whenurhappy
15th Apr 2008, 10:23
I'm not appologetic - but isn't this a wet story? Given another couple of RAF losses in the 'Stan over the weekend, for this to be a leading 'news' article on the MOD website is asinine.

WP

Geezers of Nazareth
15th Apr 2008, 18:43
1.4G ... voice of experience?

Anything that you wish to tell us?

Chugalug2
16th Apr 2008, 08:32
Is 'Dropping to One Knee' by numbers in the Drill Manual now? If not shouldn't it be? There must be many uses for such a manoeuvre. Supplicants for proper pay and allowances, decent housing, equipment fit for purpose, etc, could perform it on command on their bosses carpet and secure extra points in their favour. Ones who are deemed to be sloppy and idle little men (and women) would of course fail in their attempts thus saving precious resources. Strikes me as a win win!

Al R
16th Apr 2008, 08:50
.. pay parades Chuggers? ;)

BBC,

Its exploitative and unfair on the recipient of the attention, isn't it? If I was the bloke, I'd probably think 'Did she say yes, because she felt pressured to..?'. And why do it like that anyway? It makes what should be an act of intimacy all so terribly.. false. I saw some head teacher talking about one of the girls tragically killed in Equador, and I wanted to punch him out cold for referring to her as a 'prized asset to the human race' and that 'her loss is all the more worse because of the career she had infront of her'. What?? Is she worth more than a child bought up in a deprived inner city because she is of a nice family and off to Uni??

And then the BBC intruded in on the grief for 24 hours and all we had, was this dreadful cringing display for public consumption. The news channels (and the mass market) didn't give a damn about the girl or the grief of her family, or the fact that there might be UK companies sending kids out to gain global work experience on buses with shot brakes or crappy drivers. The news editors were simply scrambling over themselves to get something to give the post Diana tear jerkers their faux pathos fix, and to fill a slot on the "news" to keep the g'ment and curtain-twitchers and grief-junkies comatose. Still, I read that the BBC news is being rebranded to make it even more family friendly (delete: family friendly - insert: dumbed down even further).

The real news has become a sideshow for the freaks, just as it was for that poor girl. What next? Tickets and webcam to the birth of the first born?

Al R
16th Apr 2008, 09:31
:ok:

Very true - I mean, who in their right mind would want to spend the rest if their lives with someone dressed as a giant chicken?

exscribbler
16th Apr 2008, 09:59
Try this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=526628&in_page_id=1770

Dan D'air
16th Apr 2008, 10:26
Must have double-clicked on that link by mistake, I ended up looking at Jade Goody!! As A & M said, she mings bad.

Two's in
17th Apr 2008, 01:06
to Kari-Anne Crawford, also aged 27, for some time

...I thought you could only be 27 for a year.

Mr C Hinecap
17th Apr 2008, 06:57
I do have a former colleague whose girlfriend proposed to him on the 29 Feb a few years ago...........

through the medium of BFBS Radio in the Falklands :bored:

They are still married!