PDA

View Full Version : Hours Building / Bush Training In Canada?

Flyingshrek208b
15th Apr 2008, 05:00
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for flying schools / companies where i could perform hours building in Canada.

Also looking for bush flying training (with natural surface operations etc..)

Could someone suggest me some places to go?

Thanks in advance!
:O

Aspects
16th Apr 2008, 21:28
I'm off to MFC (www.mfc.nb.ca) on June 1st for 4 weeks to do 50hrs hour building. Booked through cabair.

Price was very competitive and Gerald (head of JAA opps) was fantastic at returning my calls and emails.

Flyingshrek208b
18th Apr 2008, 08:32
Thank you Aspects!

Enjoy your flights!
:ok:

Mikehotel152
18th Apr 2008, 08:59
I've heard good things about http://www.cdnflightcentre.com/ where a mate did his PPL and hour-building a few years back. I got in touch with them myself last year and they were very helpful and friendly:), though I never got out there in the end.

PS: My mate also did some mountain flying out there. It's at Vancouver on the west coast, so spectacular scenery. :ok:

Finals19
18th Apr 2008, 12:53
Mikehotel -

I have about 1000 hrs flying out of Vancouver (YVR) and before that Boundary Bay (CZBB) so can highly recommend it. Vancouver is a great place to fly - in the lower mainland (valley area of greater Vancouver) the airspace is busy enough to keep your R/T up to speed and keep you on your toes. Go north (and I mean by about 10 nm only) and you're into mountain country, with elevations up to 12,000ft at the highest point.

The flying can be spectacular, but a mountain check is mandatory as the wx and winds etc can seriously catch you out, especially in a spam can.

All in all a great place to hour build from May-end of September. CZBB is the place to go, CDN Flight Centre is good, as is Pacific Flying Club. Aircraft rates considerably cheaper than UK, and no landing fees. Your JAA licence is usable through a simple Licence Validation Certificate + letter from local flying club which is presented to Transport Canada in the downtown Vancouver office and the certificate is done there and then for aboutt $60. Easy.

Enjoy! :ok:

benonianto
19th Apr 2008, 09:05
How can a GCAA(Gulf Civil Avaiation Authority) license be validated in canada.....

Flyingshrek208b
21st Apr 2008, 18:49
Thank you everybody for your answers!
:ok: