PDA

View Full Version : Faa PPL in Europe

Duffer2007
14th Apr 2008, 23:46
I've been wondering can i do a ppl (faa) in america and fly here in europe freely with it...

Please don't tell me to search posts as i have and most of the time have found muddled info!

So can i fly in europe with an faa ppl... want to go on after atpl's to fly in bristol to get my cpl + me/ir..

Thanks in advance!!

Ian

7oodaz
15th Apr 2008, 17:57
NO U CANT :(
U need JAA to be able to fly in europe

Adios
15th Apr 2008, 20:44
You can fly G reg aircraft in England with an FAA PPL. It gets complicated if you want to fly one out of UK airspace though. You can fly N reg aircraft on an FAA PPL just about anywhere within normal flight rules and airspace usage rules. In other words, don't cross borders without proper authorization, stay out of restricted airspace, etc.

As with anything aviation related, make sure you know the rules inside out and don't just take someone's word from PPRuNe. I assume you are in the early stages of research, so please learn the rules cold before you actually do whatever it is that drives your question. I doubt anyone will rent an aircraft to you without thorough briefing, but in the end, you get the violation if you bust the rules, not them.

hank delmonte
16th Apr 2008, 12:52
I'm looking for an N registered Piper Cadet/Cherokee or Cessna 152/172 to rent in Ireland/England. anyone know who has one

Trolle
16th Apr 2008, 22:42
Duffer,

My experience is that many EU countries will convert your FAA PPL for a fee, just as the FAA will convert a JAA PPL. Reciprocity is alive...if only at the PPL level

Duffer2007
17th Apr 2008, 00:01
this is music to my ears!! thank you!!!:ok::ok: