PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!

awil
14th Apr 2008, 17:55
hi there

I need some advice on where to start my pilot education. I have looked at different course providers, and decided to train with OFT, theiy are offering from 0 hours to frozen ATPL, for 40000 USD. Is it worth it.:rolleyes:

bajadj
14th Apr 2008, 18:01
My advice is use the search function! There are probably more threads on this FTO than any other. My other piece of advice is that having read a few of the zillion other threads, you will probably need considerably more than $40k. But it will still be pretty cheap as a us dollar is now worth two grains of sand.

alanmtc
14th Apr 2008, 18:17
hi

I am also going to OFT this summer, but I am not doing their 0 - fATPL. I already have my PPL. I am doing CPL, ATPL and hour building only with OFT. Obviously mixed reviews like every school, but generally they seem one of the better schools along with OBA in Florida. But you can't do ATPL with OBA. I was ORIGINALLY going to Naples...... but took some good advice from close friends who had plenty to tell me! Remember and take into account JAA IR conversion if you want to work back in Europe. I will be returning to do my JAA IR, I`m not bothering with the FAA IR at all. Don't waste too much time if you want to get started quite. August ATPL is fully booked, and there is 5 or less seats left on the Oct 13th start.

awil
16th Apr 2008, 23:03
PHASE
COURSE
TIME
HOURS FLOWN
Phase 1
FAA Private Pilots License
6 weeks
JAA ATPL Ground School
24 weeks
-
Phase 2
FAA Instrument Rating
6 weeks
Phase 3
Structured Hour Building
4 weeks
Phase 4
JAA Multi Commercial
5 weeks
Ground Instructor Time
(50 Hours)
Graduation Gift From OFT
TOTAL
45 weeks

is this enough to start a job as a First Officer? and what i have understood you still gonna need to do the concersion from FAA to JAA

AlphaMale
17th Apr 2008, 11:25
From what you have written there you'll come away with an FAA/JAA CPL and an FAA IR. You'll need to come back and convert the FAA IR to a JAA ME-IR and you'll need to do an MCC course.

Then with your 250hrs and a fATPL you can apply ;)